JOB TITLE: Process Improvement Engineer
LOCATION: South Wales
The role will be responsible and accountable for continuously improving products and process to positively impact quality, cost, safety and delivery. The role is proactive in leading continuous improvement activities and reactive by taking immediate action when non conformances are raised, to identify route cause and remove likelihood of reoccurrence.
- Provide clear, unambiguous commitment to process improvement efforts in the plant.
- Collaborate with Technical, Engineering and Operations personnel to determine critical part features and review manufacturing capability. Make recommendations to modify customer part specifications, tolerances and proposed manufacturing routes as necessary to support cost effective production.
- Participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning activities to determine appropriate use of existing and new measurement systems during new tool or process design and start up with application of appropriate Measurement System Analysis tools.
- Contribute in the development of Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Accountable for the coordination of pre-launch production trial runs and ongoing process monitoring.
- Support the development of PPAP documents for new product launches to meet customer requirements.
- Provide Continuous Improvement support to Operations Department ensuring consistent application of quality techniques.
- Will demonstrate professional advancement in a manufacturing environment
- Qualified to degree level in an Engineering subject.
- Will have an intuitive understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrable proven track record of driving continuous quality improvement in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of lean principles and problem solving tools
Apply now to find out more and receive a full job specification for the role!
How to Apply:
1. Click the apply button, or
2. Call Josh Handley for a confidential discussion on O121 45O 5O2O
Technical Network recruits engineers, managers and technical specialists for the aerospace, automotive, electrical / electronic, energy, engineering and manufacturing industries, with a portfolio of services including permanent and contract recruitment services.