Part of a major international group, this organisation is setting up a new manufacturing facility on a 'green field site' to produce complex high value components for the automotive industry. As an Advanced Manufacturing Engineer your role will be to develop manufacturing concepts that include specification of production equipment, manufacturing process and make feasibility studies for the selection of all capital plant and machinery for a brand new production facility.
Position: Advanced Manufacturing Engineer – CNC Machining and Automation
Salary: to £48,000 + benefits
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineering, you will be the lead on implementing process excellence within a highly automated CNC Machining function incorporating PLCs; robots and material handling.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Prepare and update equipment Statement of Requirement (SORs) and technical comparisons.
• Prepare capital equipment requirement specifications and manage vender selection process
• Maintain list of equipment suppliers.
• Identify new suppliers and verify capabilities
• Summarise equipment and installation costs for quoting new business
• Standardise components to minimise spare parts inventory costs
• Lead the CapEx based on purchasing of equipment and facilitate timing and budget
• Lead PFMEA for production equipment
• Utilise work methods and instructions
• Support equipment layout to optimise product flow and minimise unnecessary movement via promotion of Lean Manufacturing methods.
• Develop pre-production packaging solutions for WIP and Finished Goods
• Support equipment project timelines.
• Support the equipment drawing review and approval process with supplier.
• Provide timely review and feedback to supplier
• Support equipment project timelines and manage on time delivery and buy off
Knowledge and Education:
You will already have a proven track record working as an Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (AME) , Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Production Engineer or Engineering Manager working with a high volume manufacturing facility, ideally related to automotive, aerospace or similar high precision manufacturing sector.
o HND/Degree in an Engineering related subject
o Experience of developing new manufacturing processes, including specification or equipment, tooling, vendor selection and CAPEX justification to set up new production lines
o Sound understanding of the automation of a machining process
o Knowledge of Material cutting properties, 5 axis machining and offline CNC programming
o Special process awareness e.g. heat treat with cutting tool and fixture knowledge
o Ability to identify and resolve problems and to facilitate improvement teams
o Drive and enthusiasm with a positive outlook and a desire to succeed
o Proactive, positive approach, and enjoy working part of diverse and dynamic team.
o Enjoy building strong stakeholders relationships with Internal and external customers
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Manufacturing professional to be part of a brand new venture, establishing a green field factory development from the ground up. In return our client is offering a fantastic salary and benefits package plus the opportunity to make a real contribution to the success and growth of the organisation.
Apply on-line or call Robert Wigley for a confidential discussion technical-network.co.uk
Technical Network is a specialist Technical & Engineering recruiter for the automotive, aerospace, food & drink, electrical/electronic technology, energy, engineering, manufacturing sectors, with a portfolio including advertising search, recruitment process outsourcing (RPO), interim management, permanent and contract recruitment services. Representing Talent and Industry. Always Time Well Spent.