Customer Service Centre Maintenance Controller - Chesterfield
Provide essential technical advice and support to workshops on vehicle repair and maintenance. To provide essential communication with key customers on technical issues to support the negotiation and authorisation of work
- Provide the necessary technical knowledge and skills.
- Monitor overall workshop adherence to agreed repair times, labour rates and part prices.
- To monitor and action all modules of the systems (VMS/M5/1Link/E3) in order to ensure that the focus is always maintained on correct pricing and vehicle downtime, in both authorisation requests and requesting authority.
- Ability to provide guidance to workshop on all systems, as well as technical advice around work in progress.
- Create customer quotes based on technical knowledge.
- Book in jobs with technical knowledge on workshop capability, length of job, and to provide quotes.
- To ensure that all work requested is in accordance with manufacturers servicing schedules and industry recognised times whilst paying attention to client specific procedures.
- Handle incoming customer calls and general enquiries from workshops and customers promptly and efficiently.
- Responsible for all customer related communications; vehicle updates, issues and complaints, including resolving complicated and protracted vehicle related issues. After customer complaints, collate accounts from various teams to support technical decision on root cause.
- Provide coaching support remotely, as a result of the introduction new products, vehicle technical specifications, new tools and diagnostic equipment.
- Building strong relationships with customers and workshops.
- Supporting non-technical team members with the above roles.
- At times to carry out all specified administrative tasks according to operational procedures, to include (but not limited to) service bookings, downtime management reports, and invoice processing.
The role will require shift times between the hours of 06:00 and 22:00 Mon-Fri and 07:30-12:30 on Saturdays. Saturdays are currently paid on overtime but will eventually be worked into a working week shift pattern with a day off in the week.
Responsible for the Customer Service requirements and all central commercial function requirements, particularly supporting work in progress with vehicle technical knowledge
Salary & Benefits
With a starting salary of c£28,212, you can also expect the following benefits;
-Four weeks annual leave on entry with options to purchase more.
-A 36.5 hour working week.
-A competitive Company Pension Scheme.
-And lastly a great opportunity to develop your career working with the largest fleet operator in the UK.
-BTEC National Motor Vehicle Engineer or
-City & Guilds MVCS Parts 1 and 2
-NVQ Levels 1,2,3
NB. Qualifications achieved through the Armed Forces considered subject to advice.
Staff currently employed as a Technician but without one of the above qualifications will be considered as suitable if they have proven experience.
-Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
-Excellent Leadership Skills.
-Experience of dealing with customers and key stakeholders.
-Excellent understanding of customer requirements and understand the impact on the customer and to RM Fleet.
-Excellent organisational, planning and prioritising skills.
-Experience of working to targets and deadlines.
-Proficient skills in the use of IT (new computer systems and platforms).
-Openness to supporting change and adaptable to change dependent on customer needs and requirements.
-Previous experience in dealing with multiple IT systems/platforms preferred but not essential.