Job Title: Project Manager
Job Purpose (Project Manager)
The company's main scope is the supply and modification of special purpose Powertrain Assembly Machinery. located on Assembly and Machining lines. Projects can range from simple modifications on existing machines to complete assembly facilities for a variety of different "Blue Chip" Automotive customers, including sites, Production, Assembly and Test Lines. This role is required to manage key Assembly projects at the customer site in Wolverhampton. The initial focus will be on modifications to existing equipment.
Person Specification (Project Manager)
An experienced project manager from an automotive Powertrain environment (or able to demonstrate transferrable skills from a relevant industry involving, for example, transportation systems).
· Educated to minimum HNC level in a relevant discipline (or equivalent).
· Several years' experience in Powertrain Automotive special purpose machinery and associated equipment.
· Proven experience of working safely in a potentially hazardous environment.
· Able to drive with full and current driving licence.
Travel will be required to customer sites other than the base site possibly including overnight stays, possible foreign travel and in some cases prolonged absences from the base site. The holder of the role is expected to have the flexibility to react to customer demands which may involve working intensively on site during customer shut downs over weekends and bank holidays.
Key Responsibilities (Project Manager)
· Ensure that received enquiries are within the capabilities of the company.
· Analysis of received contract terms and conditions.
· Act as the customer's representative within the business and work closely with the customer to ensure project success and maintain the company's reputation.
· Issue of RFQ's to specialist companies and the subsequent review of received quotations for suitability.
· Preparation of technical quotations and cost estimates for changes or enhancements to machinery and equipment and to liaise with Engineering Departments for technical suitability.
· Contract review activities.
· Review and acknowledgment of received orders.
· Release of received orders into the Engineering and Project Departments of the company.
· Preparation of Project Technical Specifications.
· Preparation of Project Timing plans in Microsoft Projects or Excel.
· Order placement for specialist equipment and subsequent on site buy-off of such equipment.
· Budget control and reporting to company Senior Management.
· Chairmanship of frequent Project Meetings and attendance at company progress meetings.
· Attendance and participation in internal Engineering Design Review meetings.
· Attendance and participation in external customer Engineering Design approval meetings.
· Progress and monitoring of all departments from Engineering to Installation.
· Resource analysis and requisition of all required disciplines required to affect a successful project.
· Liaison with Management and suppliers of resource to secure manpower required for the projects.
· Supervision of the assembled installation team and close liaison with the Commissioning Engineer.
· Arrangement of Customer Acceptance
· Collation and issue of CE certification in accordance with the Machinery Directives.
· Issue of warranty certification.
· After sales activities.
Technical/Functional Competencies Behavioural Competencies
Excellent project management skills
Good understanding of mechanical and pneumatic systems, ideally in an automotive assembly environment.
Good knowledge of robotic and electrical systems.
Excellent attention to detail.
Excellent customer facing skills.
Behaves in a credible and authentic manner.
Prepared to listen to, and learn from others.
Knowledge of special purpose design with a knowledge of the latest standards.
Good communicator at all levels
Competent in MS Office: Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
Deadline driven and able to work to immovable deadlines.
Flexible to changes in workload at short notice according to customer demands.
Committed team player, able to create and lead effective teams and willing to assist and take on varying tasks that may not be in the core responsibilities of the role.
Asserts own viewpoint in straight forward and consistent professional manner.
Self-motivated - organising work independently.
Embracing continuous improvement & accepting change.
Apply on-line or call Keith Dodds for a confidential discussion technical-network.co.uk
Technical Network recruits Engineers and Managers for the automotive, aerospace, electrical / electronic technology, energy, engineering and manufacturing, with a portfolio of services including advertising search, permanent and contract recruitment services. Representing Talent and Industry, Always Time Well Spent