Part of a major international group, this organisation is setting up a new manufacturing facility on a 'green field site' to produce complex high value components for the automotive industry. As an Advanced Manufacturing Engineer your role will be to develop manufacturing concepts that include specification of equipment and make feasibility studies for the selection of all capital plant and machinery for a brand new production facility.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Prepare and update equipment Statement of Requirement (SORs) and technical comparisons.
• Maintain list of equipment suppliers.
• Identify new suppliers and verify capabilities
• Summarise equipment and installation costs for quoting new business
• Standardise components to minimise spare parts inventory costs
• Lead the CapEx based on purchasing of equipment and facilitate timing and budget
• Lead Machine FMEA for major equipment
• Utilise work methods and instructions
• Support equipment layout to optimise product flow and minimise unnecessary movement
• Utilise Lean Manufacturing methods and efficient product flow.
• Develop pre-production packaging solutions for WIP and Finished Goods
• Support equipment project timelines.
• Manage on time delivery
• Support the equipment drawing review and approval process with supplier.
• Provide timely review and feedback to supplier
• Support and document equipment run-off at suppliers prior to shipment
Main duties and responsibilities:
o Prepare capital equipment requirement specifications and manage vender selection process
o Lead the CapEx based on purchasing of equipment and facilitate timing and budget
o Lead PFMEA for production equipment
o Implement work methods and instructions
o Support equipment layout to optimise product flow and minimise unnecessary movement via promotion of Lean Manufacturing methods
o Support equipment project timelines and manage on time delivery and buy off
Knowledge and Education
You will already have a proven track record working as a Manufacturing Engineer, Project Planning Engineer or Production Engineer working with a high volume manufacturing facility
o HND/Degree in an Engineering related subject
Previous experience of establishing new production lines or relocation of facilities including CAPEX justification, machine feasibility studies, factory layout and production optimisation
o Experience in leading the PFMEA process for major production equipment purchases
o In-depth understanding of Lean Manufacturing methodologies and how to apply them in practice
o Knowledge of complex product assembly, machining, casting or presswork production processes and related capital machinery
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Manufacturing professional to be part of a brand new venture, establishing a green field factory development from the ground up. In return our client is offering a fantastic salary and benefits package plus the opportunity to make a real contribution to the success and growth of the organisation.
Apply on-line or call Robert Wigley for a confidential discussion technical-network.co.uk
Technical Network recruits Engineers and Managers for the automotive, aerospace, electrical / electronic technology, energy, engineering and manufacturing, with a portfolio of services including advertising search, permanent and contract recruitment services.
Representing Talent and Industry, Always Time Well Spent