A leading multi-national company specialising in high performance components for industries such as aerospace, oil and gas, petrochemical and energy markets are looking for an Automation engineer to add to their already experienced team with the objective of taking the facility to the next level.
As Automation Engineer will take full responsibility for all automation projects leading and delivering all projects from cradle to grave. Key tasks will include scoping project plans, Identifying and sourcing equipment, offering expertise and to advise on the project including development, programming and integration of robotics and to develop the necessary applications ranging from materials handling to machining. Key responsibilities are for the development, testing and integration of robotic and automation systems into the live production environment. The Automation Engineer will also be responsible for training operators and the ongoing improvement of the integrated automated systems.
Role - Automation Engineer
Location – Nottingham
Salary – Circa 55k
•Translate user requirements in a functional design and technical concept
•Implement PLC and automation applications
•Sourcing and procurement of equipment and services
•Coordinate commissioning of new installations and (FAT)
•Improve work processes and setup standards for process control software and systems in order to increase reliability and efficiency.
•Participate in companies best-practice peer groups.
•Continuous development of your own knowledge
•Organize training for end-users and peers.
Background and Experience
• Extensive experience in the field of robotics and automation
• Detailed knowledge of manufacturing processes -
CNC Machining processes, Integrated Robotic Systems
• Project engineering experience
• Sourcing and procurement of products and services
• Conceptual thinking ability. Can translate requirements into technical solutions
• Strong teamwork and communication skills to manage multiple/concurrent projects
• Good communication skills on multiple levels (supervision, operators, maintenance, IT)
• Works independently and responsible without close supervision. Must be able to take full responsibility
• Be able to quickly adapt to new technologies
Degree in Robotics, Mechatronics or Automation
At Technical Network we use our relationships to represent Talent and Industry - with our specialist recruitment and industry knowledge connecting the two.
Specialising in manufacturing, engineering, scientific recruitment working closely within the aerospace, automotive and food & drink market sectors, focusing on permanent and interim /contract positions for specialist technical and management roles.
We have been established for over 30 years and we really know our industries and market sectors inside out and top to bottom. So with us your time is always well spent.