We are seeking a skilled Design Engineer with experience of designing and developing cold forge tooling. It is essential that you have experience of tooling design for multi-dye machines which are used in the cold forging process.
To attract candidates from the wider area our client is offering the chance to work from home 2-3 days a week to minimize travelling or staying-away expenses. They are also willing to offer an £8000 relocation package to the candidate who is able to relocate to the area permanently.
Job title: Design Engineer (Cold Forging)
Salary: up to £50,000 depending on experience
Location: Wales (with the option to work from home 2-3 days a week)
• Orderly development of correct forging tooling and processes for all products assigned at the facility.
• Develop, design, and troubleshoot dies and forge processes of near net, net and precision forging; assist in the selection of forge processes and equipment; manage and maintain departmental document control.
• Assist in the identification and coordination of new forging products; analyse and evaluate customer quote requests and determine feasibility of production from forge concept to machining/forging to finished part per customer requirements.
• Oversee the design and participate closely in the research and development of new forging; interact with internal staff and external customers to resolve product issues.
• Develop sources and provide budgetary costs for forge tooling; establish and maintain development schedules.
• Utilize 2D and 3D CAD software to develop prints and models for manufacture of product, tooling.
• Provide technical support for tool & die, maintenance, quality, and recommend improvements for the manufacturing process to improve efficiencies, quality, and safety.
How to Apply:
Apply on-line or call Josh Handley at Technical Network for a confidential discussion.
Technical Network recruits engineers, managers and technical specialists for the aerospace, automotive, electrical / electronic, energy, engineering and manufacturing industries, with a portfolio of services including permanent and contract recruitment services.