Location: Commutable from Birmingham, Kidderminster, Redditch, Worcester
Reporting to the Senior Metallurgist/Lab Manager you will be responsible for metallurgical examinations, supporting the engineering team with defect investigations and supporting subcontractor audit schedules.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Production, validation and investigation metallographic examination and reports
• Macrostructure assessments
• Welding approvals and assessments
• Communicate requirements to Lab personnel and supervision
• Inspect and report findings as per customer requirements
• Provide metallurgical support to lab personnel and other departments as required
• Liaise with customers, sub contractors and suppliers as required
• Support with thermal processing, chemical analysis and mechanical testing as required
• Audit internal departments and sub-contractors as required
• Ensure all microscopes are maintained within calibration
Must be Degree educated in a relevant subject, Metallurgy/Materials Science or HND with equivalent experience
How to Apply:
Apply on-line or call Josh Handley at Technical Network for a confidential discussion.
Technical Network recruits engineers, managers and technical specialists for the aerospace, automotive, electrical / electronic, energy, engineering and manufacturing industries, with a portfolio of services including permanent and contract recruitment services.