Product Support Technician/Engineer -Fluid Systems in Tamworth
Product Support Technician/Engineer -Fluid Systems
£18000 - £20000 per annum
An interesting and innovative business is now seeking a Technician due to increased business requirements across the Rail and Military sectors.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a difference within the business with full support of the management team. Training can also be provided where necessary.
Job title: Product Support & Development Technician
Salary: £18,000-20,000 + bonus + benefits
Location: Staffordshire, commutable from North Birmingham
The successful candidate will support, diagnose repair/replace prototypes and production units in the field, on board rail and military vehicles at customer sites and depots. This may also involve maintenance and installation activities on both production and prototype systems as required.
The role will also support all New Project Introduction activities within the business as company projects require. This would involve support of training production staff in new production processes/methods and ensuring knowledge is transferred correctly.
- Utilizing your understanding of basic electrical, refrigeration & pressurised systems fault-finding to component level.
- You will be a practical oriented engineer, carrying out installations, returning parts and managing spares stock effectively.
- Carrying out surveys for installations with support of the engineering team.
- Interpret maintenance & installation manuals and electrical schematics.
- Advising, instructing and training customers where required
- You will be involved with New Product Introduction (NPI) and production evolution activities which will involve the testing and measurement of products and the creation of test set-up.
- When not engaged in engineering activities the role will be required to support the production lines as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of ONC in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- F Gas License (training can be provided)
- Full UK Driver's licence
- Knowledge of Heating, Ventilation and Cooling systems beneficial
- Electrical knowledge preferred
- Brazing experience would be advantageous
Apply on-line or call Josh Handley at Technical Network for a confidential discussion.
Technical Network recruits engineers, managers and technical specialists for the aerospace, automotive, electrical / electronic, energy, engineering and manufacturing industries, with a portfolio of services including permanent and contract recruitment services.