Field Service and Installation Engineer – Slitting & Rewinding Equipment
FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER - GLOBAL
c£70,000 PACKAGE (including salary and benefits )
Europe Based – International Travel
Are you interested in joining a well-established and specialist business that offer excellent promotion prospects, training and due to the international travel excellent earning potential?
The Service Engineer will be part of a team providing 24/7 technical support to customer base. You will be required to travel to customers' sites to lead Installation and upgrade projects and to carry out service & inspection work in line with on-going service schedules. While at site, you will be required to co-ordinate installation resources, liaise with the customer to resolve any problems, ensuring a successful conclusion to the relevant installation / project.
This job will involve – service, installation and commissioning on a global scale and you can expect to spend 80% of your working time abroad although you will rarely spend greater than two weeks at a time away.
This is a multi-skilled position but an electrical bias is the preference, preferably with an electrical qualification. You will have an excellent understanding of hydraulics and pneumatics, PLC fault finding skills and good communication skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain stable employment with a growing business that will invest in your technical development and provide plenty of overtime to take, increase your earnings as well as offering international travel.
The successful candidate should have the following skills and experience:
• Experience in the maintenance and operation of slitting & rewinding equipment would be an advantage.
• An understanding of basic mechanical and/or electrical engineering principles and previous maintenance or a service engineering background.
• Strong background in a field based customer support role.
• A basic experience of working within remote diagnostic, technical support solutions in a customer support environment is desirable.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• The ability to work on your own initiative.
• Good level of multi-skilling (electrics, mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, etc...).
• The ability to communicate verbally and in writing to a high level in English is essential and other languages would be a great attribute.
WHATS ON OFFER:
My client is expanding their presence across Europe and are planning to hire an experienced Service Engineer. The role will involve considerable travel around Europe
In return our client is offering full product training, a generous salary, company pool car, paid mileage and overtime, days holiday, annual bonus and contributory pension scheme.
Please apply on-line or call Jane Holden for a confidential discussion technical-network.co.uk
Technical Network have been retained on an exclusive basis so all direct or speculative applications to our client will be rejected.
Technical Network specialising in manufacturing, engineering, scientific recruitment working closely within the aerospace, automotive and food & FMCG market sectors, focusing on permanent and interim /contract positions for specialist technical and management roles. Representing Talent and Industry. Always Time Well Spent