Working for an award winning Engineering Manufacturing business in the West Midlands. You will be responsible for Non Destructive Testing of heavy engineered components using Ultrasonic, Magnetic Particle and Dye Penetrant inspection.
Job title: NDT Technician
Location: West Midlands
• To carry out NDT inspections using Ultrasonic Testing (UT), Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) both black ink and fluorescent, and Dye Penetrant Inspection (DPI) both visual and fluorescent.
• Report all defective component's firstly to NDT Supervisor for assessment, if considered defective create report to submit to Test House Manager and Quality.
• Raise NDT certificate for jobs that requires certification according to specific technique or relevant specification (Customer and International) on system file.
• Assist in creating NDT procedures to customer / international specifications
• Report any NDT related issues with route cards to NDT supervisor or test house manager.
• Report any surface cracking / defects that can be removed by light dressing on QPN form and contact the relevant department supervisor.
• Carry out spark testing on epoxy coatings as instructed by NDT supervisor.
• Assist with customer visits on NDT related matters as instructed by NDT supervisor.
• Assist in investigation of scrap issues including steel claims
• Assist in internal and external audits relevant to NDT.
Apply on-line or call Josh Handley at Technical Network for a confidential discussion.
Technical Network recruits engineers, managers and technical specialists for the aerospace, automotive, electrical / electronic, energy, engineering and manufacturing industries, with a portfolio of services including permanent and contract recruitment services.