A global automotive tier one business is seeking a Senior Buyer to drive a programme of investment as they expand and grow their facility in the Shropshire area.
Position: Senior Buyer (Capex/Capital Equipment)
Salary: up to £50000 per annum + Benefits
About the Role:
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Senior Buyer will:
• Be responsible for the sourcing and management of all capital equipment, materials and ancillaries for the effective installation of new manufacturing processes across the plant.
• Have a strong robust knowledge of the supplier base ensuring quality and cost effective purchasing strategy.
• Negotiate effectively with current suppliers and actively source new suppliers in line with supporting the companies cost saving strategy
• Work in a project-led capacity with changing customer demands and pressurised lead times.
About the Person
As the Senior Buyer you will ideally have experience gained in an automotive manufacturing/engineering environment as well as the following:
• Previous experience of indirect sourcing- including capex/capital equipment for automotive launch programmes is essential
• Ideally possess a business qualification such as CIPs or equivalent.
• Be flexible, robust and possess the ability to work under demanding lead times
• Previously held a similar position as a Category Manager, Commodity Manager, Purchasing Manager or Buyer.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as a Senior Buyer for a global company, with excellent opportunities, prospects for progression and a starting salary of up to £50000 + Benefits
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit to your skills, experience and career ambitions, apply on-line with your CV here.
At Technical Network we use our relationships to represent Talent and Industry - with our specialist recruitment and industry knowledge connecting the two.
Specialising in manufacturing, engineering, scientific recruitment working closely within the aerospace, automotive and food & drink market sectors, focusing on permanent and interim /contract positions for specialist technical and management roles.
We have been established for over 30 years and we really know our industries and market sectors inside out and top to bottom. So with us your time is always well spent.
Technical Network: Representing Talent and Industry. Always Time Well Spent.