Production Supervisor required by a leading engineering company to join a highly skilled team that prides itself on high integrity fabrication and welding for the oil & gas, nuclear, petrochemical and energy industries. As Production Supervisor you will be working from a large manufacturing facility in the Walsall area for a trusted company who pride themselves on quality, producing fabricators of tube, plate and section structures whilst adhering to the highest standards.
Job title: Production Supervisor
Salary: Circa £35 – 40K
• Fabrication & Welding Bias (familiarity with pipework and vessels)
• Being able to read & interpret engineering drawings.
• Good man management
• Working off own initiative
Role & Responsibilities:
• Controlling and allocating resources (responsible for around 16 personnel)
• Assist in control of consumables.
• Advice and Control of tooling / jigs & fixtures
• Represent specialist field.
• Setting up and maintaining targets.
• Assist in Data / Time recording of hours.
• Maintain general cleanliness of areas.
• Liaise with QA / Contracts on welding methods.
• Planning, assigning, and directing production work.
• Maintaining organization and discipline.
• Appraising staff performance.
• Monitoring health & safety in the workplace.
• Issuing work / jobs packages. • Promote and monitor quality awareness.
• Promote team work and communication.
• Assist the site services department.
• Assist in maintaining security of the building and contents.
• Assist in training new starters / apprentices.
• Carrying out Induction of new and temporary employees.