A great opportunity has arisen for experienced a service engineer with experience in control systems for a large industry leading engineering company. As Controls Service Engineer you will be joining a highly skilled team delivering quality systems to industry leading clients in a variety of industry sector such as aerospace, automotive, process plant and capital equipment.
Position: Controls Service Engineer
Reporting To: Service Manager
Salary: Circa 40k (depending on experience)
As controls service engineer Provide service, Maintenance and Installation support on large and small process plant, special purpose machines and industrial equipment projects. This includes; electrical systems surveys, control system software design, PLC and HMI/SCADA on various proprietary platforms and some PC based systems, scheduled mechanical maintenance activities and machine installation. To provide, post design, pre-commissioningset-up of plant instrumentation, networks, systems and motion control. System testing up to and including Factory acceptance Test (FAT), to include testing and commissioning documentation leading to onsite systems commissioning, Site Acceptance Test (SAT) and handover to the client.
Key Skills, Duties and Abilities
• Have the ability to understanding and interpreting client specifications in order to contribute to and author NHE functional design specifications and develop robust and efficient system solutions.
• Have the ability to produce detailed drawings in line with the functional design specification. Must be qualified to 17th edition level.
• Creation and modification of control system PLC and HMI/SCADA software. (Siemens, Rockwell, Schneider and Mitsubishi PLC and HMI platforms).
• Understanding of motion control products such as drivers and inverters, systems and proprietary robotics.
• Working knowledge of proprietary network technologies supported by the major PLC/HMI vendors.
• Experience of pneumatics, heating systems, cooling systems, pumping systems instrumentation etc
• Capability of setting up/pre-commissioning, commissioning, testing (FAT & SAT) such systems and providing supporting documentation right up to system handover.
• Capability to produce and develop system testing plans, supporting documentation and perform FAT and SAT on these integrated systems.
• Capability to work across mechanical, electrical and control system fields as requested
• Carry out all work in accordance with NHE QMS
Key Personal Skills and Attributes
• A flexible and proactive personality with a keenness to learn and develop both personally and professionally.
• Strong problem solving character with good communication skills, an ability to listen as well as contribute and a positive and assertive attitude.
• A strong team working ethic is a must have but an ability to work alone is also required.
• A keen eye for detail and quality coupled with flexibility to meet fast changing requirements would be very beneficial.
• Must be comfortable with periods of site work in the UK and occasionally overseas.