A growing manufacturing firm are seeking a Production Planning Manager to drive short and long term planning strategy at their factory in Staffordshire. This is a brand new role due to continued growth and a need to have a designated senior planning professional.
Position: Production Planning Manager
Salary: up to £40000 per annum DOE + Bonus + Benefits
About the Role:
As part of the Site Management Team, reporting into the Operations Director, the Production Planning Manager will participate in the strategic and operational development of the site's planning process, including:
• Leading and developing the planning function, providing dedicated training to a small team and continuously improving performance of the department in relation to minimising inventory and improving customer service.
• Take the lead in becoming less reactive and more proactive in terms of short and long term planning/forecasting.
• Be responsible for driving a more S&OP led department to improve overall performance, customer delivery, profitability and reduce stock holdings.
• Utilise continuous improvement methodology to improve KPI performance and efficiency of the plant supply chain.
• Improve the overall lines of communication and be a key pivot point between Sales, Procurement and Operations.
About the Person:
The ideal Production Planning Manager will have management experience gained in a fast moving/batch process manufacturing environment such as Chemicals/Cosmetics/Food/Beverages in addition to the following:
• Display exemplary communicative skills and the ability to engage with senior stakeholders in the business and the wider supply chain function.
• Previous experience of managing a leading, coaching and developing a team is essential
• Possess advanced IT skills and be a highly analytical individual. Experience with ERP systems, including their implementation, is essential.
• Previous relevant experience as a Production Planning Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Senior Planner or Production Control Manager.
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit to your skills, experience and career ambitions, apply on-line with your CV here.
At Technical Network we use our relationships to represent Talent and Industry - with our specialist recruitment and industry knowledge connecting the two.
Specialising in manufacturing, engineering, scientific recruitment working closely within the aerospace, automotive and food & drink market sectors, focusing on permanent and interim /contract positions for specialist technical and management roles.
We have been established for over 30 years and we really know our industries and market sectors inside out and top to bottom. So with us your time is always well spent.
Technical Network: Representing Talent and Industry. Always Time Well Spent.