An established manufacturing organisation with a fantastic reputation for retaining and developing their staff are seeking a Continuous Improvement Leader. This is a brand new role created to establish best practice manufacturing processes and methodology to ensure continued and improved productivity.
Position: Continuous Improvement Leader
Salary: up to £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits DOE
Location: Tamworth, Staffordshire
About the Role:
Reporting into the Operations Director, the Continuous Improvement Leader will:
• Be indirectly responsible for all staff as you devise, plan out and implement a continuous improvement strategy for the site.
• Carry out improvement activities by involving local personnel and teams- be the site lead in delivering training to colleagues at all levels of the business
• Utilise a basic lean toolbox (5s, 8D, Poke Yoke, SMED etc.) to improve productivity, reduce waste and ultimately ensure financial savings.
• Use data and associated information to demonstrate bottom line benefits and cost justification of improvements and support the development of operational performance measures (e.g. OEE)
About the Person
• Previous experience in a Continuous Improvement Leader, Process Improvement Engineer or Continuous Improvement Facilitator position, in a manufacturing environment, is essential.
• A formal qualification/certification in a business improvement subject would be advantageous
• This role does not have direct management responsibility but previous experience in a position of leadership/influence would be advantageous
• Strong IT skills and data management ability
• Proven demonstrable experience of the lean toolbox, with practical examples of making tangible improvements in a manufacturing setting.
This role is rewarded with a fantastic salary, bonus scheme and additional benefits, as well as an opportunity to enhance your professional development with a company whom pride themselves on providing training and support for qualifications for people who work hard and drive the company's continued success.
At Technical Network we use our relationships to represent Talent and Industry - with our specialist recruitment knowledge connecting the two. We specialise in manufacturing, engineering, scientific, aerospace, automotive and food & drink recruitment, focusing on technical and design roles from Executive positions right through the organisation to maintenance and production staff. We've been around a long time, so we really know our industries and sectors inside out and top to bottom. So with us your time is always well spent.
Technical Network: Representing Talent and Industry. Always Time Well Spent.