To develop and implement successful distribution Network to develop our Sales focusing on large and medium size Distribution accounts. The job holder will identify, develop and win new business through key growth initiatives and prospecting to grow the motor and gearbox sales, meeting set agreed targets.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to join the UK Sales team in a challenging and exciting position, the job-holder should:
• Ability to demonstrate key attributes for success of passion, enthusiasm, and tenacity
• Ability to Develop, implement an efficient Distribution Network, in all UK and Ireland.
• Ability to manage independent distributors, supporting them to develop the sales of products following chosen strategy.
• Define, and Control, a clear country price policy, with the support of Country sales director, and global Distribution Business development manager.
• Develop a unique value proposition for the market sector and deliver it to premium Partners.
• Ensure all appointments and proposals illustrate Nidec in a highly professional yet competitive light, with the end goal of securing the prospective business at an acceptably profitable price
• Using existing data base and own prospecting to grow sales
• Maintain sales pipeline and forecasting tool, Keep up to date the CRM and other reporting requirements
• Plan and prepare monthly presentation for Sales Meetings, to report business to date and forecast data
• Update the team on trends and issues in the market
• Work with the LS marketing and distribution development teams to ensure our products and services match the customer demands and shape future customer demands in the market
• Ensure that all sales activity is conducted in accordance with company rules
• Direct ownership of named distribution accounts
EXTERNAL & INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
• Customers and prospecting
• Internal Sales, Technical and Marketing
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Qualification(s)
• Ideally Professional qualification in Electrical / Electronic / Mechanical Engineering. Degree/ONC/HNC / HND.
• Business Management would be an added value.
• Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the UK distribution market (Power Transmission)
• Ability to formulate a solid two-year business plan
• Strong commercial and technical background in industrial products. Experience of electric Motors and Gearboxes.
• New business development experience and a deep understanding of Marketing principles
• System and application knowledge within the industry.
PERSONAL QUALITIES (Preferred)
• Highly motivated to develop the business, increasing the sales.
• Enthusiastic with excellent communication and organizational skills
• Highly motivated in a demanding and challenging role
• Adaptable and flexible in their work approach
• Ability to work independently and within a team
• Efficient and timely at meeting and exceeding sales targets
• Enjoys the challenge of a field sales environment
• Highly PC literate