The Metallurgy Technician ensures the manufactured products are compliant with the relevant technical specifications and customer drawings through metallurgical testing and inspection.
Job title: Metallurgy Technician
We're currently recruiting for an Metallurgy Technician responsible for the metallurgical testing of critical parts for the aerospace industry.
• Mechanical tests including: tensile, hardness, shear, fatigue, stress durability and stress endurance tests, all in accordance with the relevant work instructions.
• Metallographic inspection on in-process and finished parts
• Review incoming raw material certificates
• Check that information on test reports and Certificates of Conformance's are in accordance with the customers' requirements before signing for their release for shipment.
• Carry out pre-plate and after plate inspection in accordance with the relevant work instructions.
• Hydrogen and Oxygen analysis in accordance with the relevant work instructions.
• To carry out ‘final view' inspection, ensuring that all information is present and correct for each manufacturing order
• Non-destructive testing to include Magnetic Particle Inspection and Dye Penetration Inspection.
• Experience within a Manufacturing Environment
• Metallographic Inspection
• Mechanical testing
The ideal candidate will be a Metallurgist or Quality Technician with a qualification related to Metallurgy or Material Science. Based in Warwickshire paying up to £34,000.
How to Apply:
Apply on-line or call Josh Handley at Technical Network for a confidential discussion.
Technical Network recruits engineers, managers and technical specialists for the aerospace, automotive, electrical / electronic, energy, engineering and manufacturing industries, with a portfolio of services including permanent and contract recruitment services.