An award winning privately run business are seeking an Applications Engineer for their specialist roofing division. This role will require a percentage of time on the road but there will be a need to be commutable to their main factory based in Staffordshire.
Position: Applications Engineer- Roofing
Location: Staffordshire- with travel across the UK
Salary: up to £35000 per annum DOE + Bonus + Benefits
About the Role:
Reporting into the Business Manager for the Roofing division the Applications Engineer will:
• Utilise their knowledge of Adhesives/Coatings to provide technical expertise to the customer , the sales team and the manufacturing facility in equal measure.
• Be a presence on the customer site, providing robust information on product suitability for the application required and be confident in quoting costing information.
• Have a strong knowledge of new products available and their suitability for both current and new customers
• Performing on site hands-on product demonstrations to customers ensuring their bespoke needs are met in line with their budgets.
About the Person:
The Applications Engineer position is a crucial link between Sales, Manufacturing and the end customer and due to the nature of the role you must have a strong understanding of adhesives applications- ideally for the Roofing/Waterproofing industry-or a similar product such as liquid coatings. In addition you will:
• Be extremely customer focused- possess the communication skills to confidently work with multiple customers on site
• Possess good presentation skills
• Have a technical sales background in a similar industry/role
• Be comfortable with frequent UK and sometimes European travel to customer sites. Full clean driving license is therefore essential.
• As this role sits within the roofing division, you must be comfortable working at heights and training will be provided.
This role is suited for Applications Engineers, Technical Services Engineers, Sales Support Engineers and Customer Support roles.
This is an exciting opportunity with one of the UKs biggest adhesives suppliers and their growing roofing division.
Apply on line here now
Technical Network is a specialist manufacturing, engineering and technical recruiter delivering contingency and retained permanent introductions and interim solutions to both blue chip and SME organisations. Established in 1984, we place professionals at all levels from senior executive to entry level across the UK, Europe and beyond.
We use our relationships to represent Talent and Industry – with our specialist recruitment knowledge connecting the two. We've been around a long time, so we really know our industries and sectors inside out and top to bottom.
So with us your time is always well spent.
Technical Network: Representing Talent and Industry. Always Time Well Spent