The UK arm of a food & drink global capital equipment provider are seeking a Customer Support Manager to help support and drive the UK operation. Due to impending retirement this role is an exciting opportunity to step up to a senior position where you will be able to help direct the strategy of the business moving forward.
Position: Customer Support Manager- FMCG Capital Equipment
Location: West Midlands (with UK and European Travel)
Salary: up to £55000 per annum + Car + Bonus + Benefits
Contract: Permanent Full Time.
About the Position
Working alongside the Managing Director, the Customer Support Manager will support both on-site and in the office ensuring stable long term customer relationships are maintained and developed including:
• Responsible for capital projects- therefore a strong technical understanding of food & drink capital equipment is essential. This will include carrying out installations, repairs and commissioning.
• Read engineering drawings and work with the customer to generate and action their specific requests for new machinery or change requests.
• Process and log Customer Orders, Submit invoices, Re-order appropriate stock and dispatch orders. Work closely with the Group head office to maintain a consistent supply of parts.
• This role will support on-site projects, but will also be split with time in the office carrying out the aforementioned tasks and duties.
About the Person
To succeed in this role you will already be a Senior Engineer or Manager with a proven background and knowledge of Food & Drink manufacturing process machinery or similar FMCG capital equipment.
• HNC/HND Degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering
• Knowledge of Check Weighing, Metal Detection, Tray Sealing, Filling, Capping, Flow Wrapping, Shrink Wrapping or similar machinery.
• Strong IT competency and admin skills
• Self-motivation and strong organisational skills
• Experience of CAD and reading engineering drawings
• Flexible approach to working hours and travel and a full clean driving license are required due to the field based project work
This role would be suited to current Customer Support Managers, Applications Engineers, Technical Support Engineers, Technical Support Managers or for a Field Service Engineer/Manager looking to reduce their day-to-day travel.
My client is a privately owned food & drink capital equipment provider with sites located globally. Established for over 50 years, they pride themselves in providing a specialist service to a blue chip customer base, establishing continued successful relationships due to their renowned portfolio of capital equipment
This role is rewarded with an excellent remuneration package including a salary of up to £55000 per annum, Car and a performance related bonus. More importantly it is an opportunity to join a growing, profitable business where you will be instrumental in directing the future strategy of the UK arm of the organisation.
Apply online here or call Stuart Loveday on 0121 450 5020 for further information.
At Technical Network we use our relationships to represent Talent and Industry - with our specialist recruitment and industry knowledge connecting the two.
Specialising in manufacturing, engineering, scientific recruitment working closely within the aerospace, automotive and food & drink market sectors, focusing on permanent and interim /contract positions for specialist technical and management roles.
We have been established for over 30 years and we really know our industries and market sectors inside out and top to bottom. So with us your time is always well spent.
Technical Network: Representing Talent and Industry. Always Time Well Spent.