A leading Aerospace manufacturing group, this organisation is looking to recruit a supplier development engineer to support the companies Purchasing and Supply Chain Department.
Supplier Development Engineer
Location: West Midlands
Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum + benefits, based upon experience
Main duties and responsibilities:
• New Product Introduction supplier development & qualification process confirmation
• Supplier process capability studies
• Management of non-conforming parts including containment, investigation and subsequent 8D process
• Technical liaison between suppliers and the company on part or process issues, ensuring timely resolution and close out.
• Proactive engagement with nominated suppliers to manage quality performance
• Supplier PFMEA and DFMEA documentation generation, submission and approval
• Process improvement and cost down project management with suppliers
• Quality and Supplier related KPI's and Business review participation
• New ways of working – e.g. release at source for onward processing etc.
Knowledge and experience required:
• You will hold 3-5 years' experience in a similar role in the Aerospace industry
• Ability to identify and understand supplier manufacturing processes and identify risks and opportunities to improve Quality, reliability and sustainability of supply
• Ability to identify process cost savings and implement cost down opportunities, and managing implementation projects
• Appropriate technical / engineering qualifications
• Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma experience
• PFMEA and DFMEA capability and experience
• NPI experience
• Project management and process improvement experience
• Sub-contract special process knowledge
This is an excellent opportunity for a Quality/Manufacturing professional to be part of an expending business with continued investment and high quality facilities. In return our client is offering a fantastic salary and benefits package plus the opportunity to make a real contribution to the success and growth of the organisation.
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit to your skills, experience and career ambitions APPLY ON LINE NOW attaching your CV or call Darius Barnes for a confidential discussion.
Technical Network is a specialist manufacturing, engineering and technical recruiter delivering contingency and retained permanent introductions and interim solutions to both blue chip and SME organisations. Established in 1984, we place professionals at all levels from senior executive to entry level across UK, Europe and beyond.
We use our relationship to represent Talent and Industry – with our specialist recruitment knowledge connecting the two. We've been around a long time, so we really know our industries and sectors inside out and top to bottom.
So with us time is always well spent