An automotive supplier with a multi-site presence in the UK is seeking an Expeditor for their facility in the West Midlands. This is a new role in the business due to an expansion and restructure of the department so is an exciting time to join the organisation.
Location: West Midlands (commutable from Walsall, Wolverhampton, Birmingham and Dudley)
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Hours: Monday- Thursday 8am- 4:30pm, Friday 8am- 2pm
About the Role:
Reporting into the Logistics Manager, the ideal Expeditor will have the flexibility and organisational skills to fulfil many different tasks including but not limited to the following:
• Work closely with suppliers, internal stakeholders and customers to ensure a consistent flow of product and maintain effective communication with all parties
• Be an ambassador for customer service, ensuring effective updates to all customers and ensure all supply chain issues are followed up immediately
• Expedite emergency customer orders
• Ensure all logistics KPI and metrics are consistently updated and maintained in line with the business targets
• Update and monitor the in-house system ensuring visibility of all data to all parties across each step of the supply chain
About the Person
The Expeditor role is as much about the skills and experience as it is finding the right attitude and fit for the company. This is a dynamic ever changing role where no two days will be the same so you will need to be organised, flexible and driven to be successful with the aim of progressing both the department and yourself. Other skills required include:
• Previous manufacturing experience ideally including Automotive or similar FMCG environment
• Strong IT Competency
• Proven communication skills and a customer centric approach
• Flexibility to occasionally work hours outside of the normal working day in line with business needs.
• Previous experience as an Expeditor although this role would also be suited to Logistics Administrators, Logistics Coordinators, Purchasing Assistants or Materials Controllers
This role is rewarded with an excellent starting salary and opportunities to progress within the logistics function.
If this sounds like a fit to your personal and professional goals, apply now with a full CV
Technical Network is a specialist manufacturing, engineering and technical recruiter delivering contingency and retained permanent introductions and interim solutions to both blue chip and SME organisations. Established in 1984, we place professionals at all levels from senior executive to entry level across the UK, Europe and beyond.
We use our relationships to represent Talent and Industry – with our specialist recruitment knowledge connecting the two. We've been around a long time, so we really know our industries and sectors inside out and top to bottom.
So with us your time is always well spent.
Technical Network: Representing Talent and Industry. Always Time Well Spent.