This is a fantastic opportunity for either a Graduate or Junior Metallurgist to grow and expand their knowledge and/or experience.
Job title: Metallurgist
Salary: £25,000-£32,000 - DOE
Location: Commutable from Birmingham, Dudley, Oldbury, Smethwick, Stourbridge
Remuneration will depend on whether you are a fresh graduate or have experience in the field. The company are offering training and development to enable the successful candidate to carry out the duties set out below.
• Carry out technical contract reviews on new orders, including production of procedures for the hot metal forming processes.
• Material selection for optimal properties.
• Selection of appropriate processes and parameters.
• Carry out metallography for routine testing and failure investigations.
• Provide technical input in R&D activities.
• Provide technical support to customers, sales and production departments.
• Provide technical training and support to shop floor personnel and assist with developing resources to aid estimating and production departments.
• Investigate mechanical test failures and devise remedials.
• Monitor failure trends and identify preventative actions.
• Police manufacturing operations to ensure standards and procedures are followed.
• Setting and achieving technical/quality objectives.
• Investigating quality/non-conformance issues.
• Reviewing SOP's to ensure they are in line with current best practice.
• Customer and third-party audits (e.g. BSI).
The ideal candidate for the Metallurgist role will have a degree or equivalent qualifications in Metallurgy, Materials Science, Materials Engineering, or similar.
You will either be a fresh graduate or have a couple years experience in industry looking to broaden your experience as a Metallurgist within a supportive business.
How to Apply:
Apply on-line or call Josh Handley at Technical Network for a confidential discussion.
Technical Network recruits engineers, managers and technical specialists for the aerospace, automotive, electrical / electronic, energy, engineering and manufacturing industries, with a portfolio of services including permanent and contract recruitment services.