An established manufacturing firm with a global presence are seeking a Production Planning Manager to drive a short and long term planning strategy at their factory in West Yorkshire. This is a brand new role due to continued growth and a need to strengthen and complement their current team.
Position: Production Planning Manager
Location: West Yorkshire (commutable from Dewsbury, Wakefield, Bradford, Halifax and Leeds)
Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Contract: Full-time permanent position
About the Role:
Reporting into the Logistics Manager, the Production Planning Manager will participate in the strategic and operational development of the site's planning process, including:
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to forecast, plan and facilitate on-time materials to the production line.
• Resolve supplier concerns and evaluate supplier performance in conjunction with the procurement team
• Implement and drive the weekly Master Production Schedule to ensure a levelled production plan and protect production lines from customer's demand variations.
• Deliver consistent performance through a team of direct reports including Planners and Logistics supervisors.
About the Person:
The ideal Production Planning Manager will have exceptional materials or production planning experience gained in a fast moving manufacturing environment such as Automotive, Plastics or FMCG in addition to the following:
• Display exemplary customer-focused communicative skills and the ability to engage with senior stakeholders in the business and the wider supply chain function.
• Previous experience of managing a leading, coaching and developing a team is essential
• SAP experience is essential.
• Previous relevant experience as a Production Planning Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Senior Planner or Production Control Manager.
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit to your skills, experience and career ambitions, apply on-line with your CV here.
At Technical Network we use our relationships to represent Talent and Industry - with our specialist recruitment and industry knowledge connecting the two.
Specialising in manufacturing, engineering, scientific recruitment working closely within the aerospace, automotive and food & drink market sectors, focusing on permanent and interim /contract positions for specialist technical and management roles.
We have been established for over 30 years and we really know our industries and market sectors inside out and top to bottom. So with us your time is always well spent.
Technical Network: Representing Talent and Industry. Always Time Well Spent.