A leading manufacturing group, this innovative organisation is looking to recruit a Quality Engineer to support the companies heavy engineering division encompassing Welding, Pressings, Fabrication and Sheet metal forming.
Location: Worcestershire; Commutable from Redditch, Bromsgrove, Worcester, Evesham, Stratford on Avon and South Birmingham areas
Salary: Negotiable based upon experience
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Handling and facilitating the resolution of customer, supplier & internal QA issues including nonconformance and material review processes.
• Support in the creation of Qualification / Approval activities and documentation for new / existing parts, including PFMEA.
• Ensure that customer qualification documentation is completed in accordance with customer requirements and specified timeframe.
• Attending meetings and liaising with customers and suppliers to deliver Quality related requirements.
• Ensure all new customer specifications have been reviewed & where necessary a GAP analysis performed to support smooth business transition & maintain folder is kept up to date.
• Be proactive in the continuing growth and development of the business, specifically the QMS.
• Reviewing operating procedures to ensure continued compliance through audit and during investigations.
• Improving investigation, problem-solving and follow-up of Quality issues.
• Carry out Corrective Actions relating to Quality issues following incidents or audit findings.
• Coordinate and carry out Quality activities including; visual management/ WTF support/ Internal & Supplier Auditing/ New starter inductions when required.
• Operate daily in accordance with the QMS system and support the continual development and effectiveness of the system.
• Making recommendations for improvements to the management system and its processes.
Knowledge and experience required:
• Proven background working as a production based Quality position
• Good Quality tool kit background with necessary experience in corrective action resolution (APQP , PPAP, MSA, SPC, 5Y)
• Proven structured problem solving skills ( 8D, Ishikowa, Fishbone, PPS )
• Ability to analyze data and make recommendations and action plans accordingly
• Strong communication skills and relationship building skills
• At least 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Have demonstrable experience of maintaining and auditing systems.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Quality professional to be part of an expending business with continued investment and high quality facilities. In return our client is offering a fantastic salary and benefits package plus the opportunity to make a real contribution to the success and growth of the organisation.
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit to your skills, experience and career ambitions APPLY ON LINE NOW attaching your CV or call Darius Barnes for a confidential discussion.
Technical Network is a specialist manufacturing, engineering and technical recruiter delivering contingency and retained permanent introductions and interim solutions to both blue chip and SME organisations. Established in 1984, we place professionals at all levels from senior executive to entry level across UK, Europe and beyond.
We use our relationship to represent Talent and Industry – with our specialist recruitment knowledge connecting the two. We've been around a long time, so we really know our industries and sectors inside out and top to bottom.
So with us time is always well spent