A Machine Shop Supervisor working within a well established manufacturing business who are continually investing in equipment and people.
Job title: Machine Shop Supervisor
Location: Commutable from Birmingham, Redditch, Kidderminster, Dudley
Reporting to the Machine Shop Manager you will supervise both the people and the manufacturing process towards improvement and the maximum balance of output and quality though successful planning, organisation, optimisation, maintenance and health and safety.
• To ensure quality engineering of components throughout the Machine Shop
• Be responsible for the day to day activities of all work through the Machine Shop
• Ensure health and safety within the workplace
Your Main Daily Duties:
• Control the daily operation of machine shop personnel to provide a safe, secure and efficient working environment.
• Adhere to and encourage health and safety methods and procedures.
• Drive continuous improvement targeting an improvement in quality and communication with shop floor.
• Manage, support and mentor shop floor staff.
• Assist with annual PDRs and operator development.
• Review tooling use and suppliers in order to sustain the most cost effective and efficient methods.
• Feeding back on incorrect or inefficient routing of jobs.
• Monitor and report progress through daily & weekly production meetings.
• Assist with investigating any inefficiencies and overruns.
• Train, plan and sustain machine shop 5S activities making sure all areas are tidy and organised.
• Create visual machine shop metrics.
• Assist with investigating lateness, absenteeism and disciplinaries if needed.
• Responsible for working to the plan issued by the Production & Planning Manager.
• Responsible for ensuring shifts and manning is planned to optimise output and managing overtime when necessary.
• Report issues on plant & equipment.
• Investigating cause and removing or reporting of defective equipment.
Technical Network recruits engineers, managers and technical specialists for the aerospace, automotive, electrical / electronic, energy, engineering and manufacturing industries, with a portfolio of services including permanent and contract recruitment services.