Part of a major international group, this organisation has a volume manufacturing facility producing high value products for the automotive industry. The plant is currently undergoing a period of transformation and capital investment to ensure the business remains competitive in an ever changing environment. As a result an experienced Shift Manager is sought to oversee a three shift production operation.
Job title: Production Shift Manager
Salary: £35000 including shift allowance, paid overtime, pension
Hours: 39 hour, 3 shift rotating ( 6-10, 10-2, 2-6 )
Industry: FMCG / high volume manufacturing
Location: Dewsbury, commutable from Bradford, Huddersfield, Wakefield, Leeds, Halifax areas
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who has a flexible attitude and is able to work well in a team environment. Candidates need to be able to demonstrate their ability to work to deadlines, have good oral and written communication skills and IT skills.
• To lead and supervise a team of 30 operators plus oversee maintenance, process engineering, quality & logistics whilst of shift.
• Responsibility for all aspects of departmental health, safety, environment and waste streams
• Manage, lead, develop, coach and engage a team of employees by deploying strong leadership qualities and in line with Company procedures.
• Set clear expectations of the team, build understanding of the plant & processes and identify bottlenecks & opportunities.
• Optimise plant uptime by scheduling in maintenance requirements that fit best to avoid production downtime.
• Carry out HR duties in a timely, professional manner such as absence, appraisals and return to work interviews.
• Ensure shift handovers take place at the workstation to ensure production continuity.
• Drive the team to deliver targets on time to assist meeting the business plan.
Knowledge and Expertise
• Experience of leading teams in a high volume manufacturing environment
• Experience of coaching and mentoring a team.
• Understanding of continuous improvement/ lean manufacturing
• Able to plan and organise manning, materials and production in a busy environment along with excellent management, prioritisation and organisational skills
• Assertive, independent and self sufficient with the ability to cope effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines
• Ability to drive performance against KPI's
• Good oral & written communication skills
About Our Client:
Our client is an international market leader in the manufacturing of high value automotive components supplied directly into a major automotive OEM. The plant is undergoing a period of transformation with significant planned capital investment in order to establish a World Class Manufacturing facility.
In return our client is offering a very competitive salary, pension contribution, life assurance, staff discounts and corporate discount schemes. More importantly this is a fantastic opportunity to influence a modern manufacturing factory and lead a team to become world class operation.
Please apply on-line or call Robert Wigley for a confidential discussion technical-recruitment.co.uk
At Technical Network we use our relationships to represent Talent and Industry - with our specialist recruitment and industry knowledge connecting the two. Specialising in manufacturing, engineering, scientific recruitment working closely within the aerospace, automotive and food & drink market sectors, focusing on permanent and interim /contract positions for specialist technical and management roles.