A great opportunity for a Shift Manager to join a world leading organisation going through an incredible period of development.
Job title: Shift Manager
Shift: Double days
Salary: £15.50ph + shift premium + bonus
This role would suit somebody from a lean manufacturing environment. There is plenty of opportunity to make a demonstrable impact within the business and your own career.
Objective of the Role:
• Manage the shift through the team leaders to maintain and improve plant performance for their shift and ensure safe operation of the plant.
• To act as the senior person responsible for the operation of the site during the relevant shift including safety and environment.
• To ensure a high standard of product quality is maintained throughout the shift.
• Responsible for the Health, safety and welfare of all employees on shift.
• General staff management: performance, attendance, allocation of resources etc.
• Problem solving, breakdown resolution, trouble-shooting liaising with engineering.
• Monitoring of operational performance of shift and taking necessary action to respond to variations.
• Review product quality with Team Leaders to ensure high standards are maintained.
• Monitoring and ensuring that performance metrics are maintained.
• Promotion and implementation of continuous improvement and ensuring that continuous improvement initiatives are adopted on shift.
• Identification of training requirements and ensuring all staff on shift are suitably skilled and authorised to perform their duties.
• Ensure entire plant and workspace hygiene standards are maintained.
• Act in the capacity of senior responsible person on site during the relevant shift.
• Coordination of emergency response including decision to escalate matters to senior management.
• Experience in supervisory management position within a manufacturing or materials processing business.
• Proven LEAN exposure/ experience.
• Active experience in business improvement.
• A manager who knows how to lead a team to success.
How to Apply:
Apply on-line or call Josh Handley at Technical Network for a confidential discussion.
Technical Network recruits engineers, managers, and technical specialists for the engineering, manufacturing and scientific sectors, with a portfolio of services including permanent, contract and interim recruitment services.