My client was established almost 45 years ago, is a distributor of automated storage systems in the UK and Ireland.
The company employs around 50 staff and has a national service network, Clients vary from small to medium sized businesses to large corporates. Company headquarters are based in South Wales.
Due to recent increased growth, an exceptional opportunity has become available within the Project Management team for a Technical Sales Executive,
As a Technical Sales Executive, you will be located within commutable distance of our primary target areas, and will be expected to work from home when not visiting clients.
You will report directly to the Sales Director, with a monthly sales and marketing meeting at the company's Headquarters.
Regular travel should be expected, generating new opportunities whilst upselling new products to existing clients, therefore you must hold a valid UK driving license. Some national and international travel will be expected outside of these designated areas, i.e. trade fairs and events.
What you'll need
You will be an astute, target driven, highly motivated, dynamic and customer-oriented sales professional.
You will have a number of years' experience within business development, having ideally established a network of business contacts.
Ideally you will have mechanical, electrical and/or engineering sales experience and be technically minded. Experience within the modern storage industry, however, is not essential.
You must be able to demonstrate a successful track record in generating new business across a broad range of sectors, with the attitude and skills to continually reach or exceed set targets.
Excellent presentation skills are essential as you will be demonstrating the benefits of the product range to your prospects and customers, as well as strong attention to detail, as you will be assessing the suitability of the solutions for specific customer applications.
To reap the rewards and benefits of this unique role you will be tenacious and hardworking, with the ability to develop and grow business opportunities.
What you'll do
• Research business opportunities, contacting and arranging site visits accordingly
• Thoroughly understand the benefits of automated storage solutions and promote in a clear and effective manner
• Assess and report customer storage requirements, taking measurements of site and photographs as required
• Present persuasive proposals in line with company brand values
• Work with the administration team to request quotes and additional equipment required for the order
• Complete initial audit at customer sites and report back to the installation and design team for planning and ordering
• Provide product training to the customer following the sale, at site or at headquarters
• Create and maintain a personal rapport with all existing customer accounts
• Undertake an agreed number of cold sales calls weekly
• Follow up each enquiry and report results to the marketing team
• Provide weekly and monthly reports on activities and achievements against pre-set monthly/annual targets for the Board of Directors
• Attend networking sessions, events and exhibitions to increase brand awareness
• Attend monthly sales and marketing meetings at the company's headquarters
• Be an opportunist and a self-starter – effectively organising own work schedule
• Be positive, professional, presentable and friendly at all times
What you'll get
As well as offering you the opportunity to join a very successful, family-run business, the right candidate will also be provided with:
• An excellent remuneration package with commission based structure
• Company car/fuel card
• Company laptop and iPhone
• 25 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays)
• Pension scheme
• A state-of-the-art UK training and demo centre for showcasing products to clients