SUMMARY OF ROLE
To provide technical and applications support to the Sales team and to customers on products so that customer needs are effectively addressed in all product quotations.
The jobholder will ensure full understanding of customer technical requirements through product knowledge, examination of specifications and consideration of the customer application, including direct contact with customers to understand requirements.
Account management of existing customers by being their day to day contact.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support existing customers and key accounts with their requests / orders.
• Based on a specification sheet supplied by the customer, study, prepare and propose the most efficient technical solutions according to Group standards. This could be a known or new solution or even an innovative solution to match customer requirements and sales strategy.
• Fully manage project orders when received
• Be in contact with our factories (mainly R&D and Sales) for any technical or quality requests from the sales team.
• Prepare technical aspects of the project files and ensure all aspects of the contract are met including full documentation.
• Ensure that products or systems proposed to customers are appropriate and ensure the safety of the final users.
• Support the sales team during customer visits, trade fairs etc. and assist the team to gather technical information on customers' current and potential applications.
• Provide technical assistance on aftersales issues.
• Participate on product development projects.
CUSTOMER AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
External customers. All customers and potential customers.
Internal Customers: Sales Team, R&D and Sales functions
Travel Usually office based but with occasional travel to factories/customers/trade fairs etc.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Qualifications
Essential Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical or electronic engineering. We could consider a non-graduate with significant relevant experience and technical ability – eg apprenticeship in a relevant sector.
Desirable: Project Management qualification
Essential Minimum 3 years' experience in Electric power generation – training on products will be provided.
Desirable Sales experience,
• Essential: Fluent written and spoken English
• Desirable: Good knowledge of French
CORE COMPETENCIES (Korn Ferry preferred)
• Knowledge of quality tools – 8D, FMEA etc.
• IT literate – will need to use R&D tools and Company systems including Satisfac.
• Customer focus
• Builds networks
• Communicates effectively
• Action oriented
• Nimble learning
• Ensures accountability