Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Salary: Up to £48000 + healthcare + bonus
Overview (Maintenance Supervisor)
A World renowned heavy industrial manufacturing group are seeking a Maintenance Supervisor for their West Midlands operation.
The Engineering Shift Manager is responsible for prioritising & safely deploying all preventive & reactive maintenance activities in support of 100% on time delivery.
• Ensure Health, Safety and Environment procedures are adhered to.
• Development of departmental procedures including Standard Operating Procedures and risk assessments for repeat tasks.
• Ensuring work area ACA's (Area Condition Audits) are developed and adhered to & a high standard of housekeeping is maintained.
• Active participation in plant safety meetings.
• Contractor Management including, Plant Induction, issuing ‘Permits To Work', method statements & risk assessments.
• Pro-actively ensuring that craft competence is assessed, training needs identified and actioned to ensure full compliance at all times.
• To ensure 100% completion of scheduled inspections & ensure consistent quality feedback by craftsmen in to the SAP maintenance system.
• Responsible for rapid diagnosis, RCA & resolution of breakdowns or process issues.
• Accurate shift reporting, shift handover & management of the reporting expectations of team leaders & their teams.
• Preparation for & taking the lead in highlighting the main issues and priorities for the craft teams during the Daily Line Walk management process in all manufacturing areas.
• Drive a "Right First Time" culture for all engineering tasks undertaken.
• Ensuring NADCAP compliance with scheduled Furnace inspections & calibrations.
• Producing purchase requisitions for services and materials.
• Minimum HNC in an Engineering discipline (electrical bias)
• Supervisory experience in medium or heavy manufacturing industry, with excellent people management skills
• Excellent problem solver, with ability to apply Root Cause Analysis techniques
• Experienced in managing contractors and good working knowledge of all permit processes required to safely execute engineering work.
• Accountable for the safe and cost effective management of teams of skilled craftsmen in support of equipment uptime and On Time Delivery to internal and external customers
• Problem Solving, SAP, Microsoft office packages, CMMS
Apply on-line or call Keith Dodds for a confidential discussion
Technical Network recruits Engineers and Managers for the automotive, aerospace, electrical / electronic technology, energy, engineering and manufacturing, with a portfolio of services including advertising search, permanent and contract recruitment services.
Representing Talent and Industry, Always Time Well Spent