A Tool Technician is required for a prominent global automotive supplier.
As a tool technician you will be working in a faced paced production environment working from a new manufacturing facility in the Telford area
Role – Tool Technician / Nights
Location – Telford
Salary - £33,000 + shift allowance (Circa £43,000)
As a Tooling Technician you will be responsible for the maintenance of the tooling, you will also support the Toolroom Supervisor to ensure smooth running of the Toolroom. This will be a varied role from attending unplanned breakdowns on tooling equipment to implementing daily preventative maintenance, working as part of team or on your own to achieve the company goals.
This is a permanent role working nights
• Preparation and maintenance of existing tooling according to requirements.
• Effectively identifies day to day tooling issues and implements corrective action where required.
• Cleaning of all production tooling to ensure on time delivery and schedule adherence goals are met.
• Ensures all tooling is safe and production ready at the time returned for production use, following correct preventative maintenance (PM) process.
• Ensures Leader is advised when assignments cannot be completed as planned.
• Supports coordination of engineering changes and supports maintenance of spare parts.
• Prepares and tests tools by laying out / setting up / machining.
• May design / make tools / templates to produce prototype parts of various materials including generating bill of material and complete fabrication and validation.
• Verifies conformance of machined and/or repaired tools to specifications by checking dimensions / clearances / alignments.
• May make parts of various plant machines and tools as required.
• Fits and assembles parts and test completed tools for proper operation.
• Sets up and carefully monitors tools and performs inspections prior to removing tooling from the machine.
• Follow up repair work by seeking feedback from the production and quality departments and completing a record of the work undertaken.
• Promote the companies HSE policies across the department and plant
• Time served apprentice in relevant discipline
• Experience in plastic injection moulding or casting
• Experienced in the use of hand tool skills
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
• Experience in working with Toolroom machinery and equipment milling machine, lathe, surface grinder, bench grinder, including overhead cranes.
• Experience in Inspection equipment. (micrometer, height indicator, etc.),
• Ability to follow and execute the preventative maintenance program.
• Possess strong communication skills
• Able to manage and prioritise multiple tasks.
• Competitive salary
• On-site parking
• On-site shop
• Night shift - 10pm - 6am Monday – Thursday
This is a great opportunity for an experienced toolmaker to join an established globally recognised manufacturer in a role offering a competitive salary and great working conditions.
If this role is of interest then apply online now
Technical Network recruits Engineers, Sales People and Managers for the automotive, aerospace, electrical / electronic technology, energy, engineering and manufacturing, with a portfolio of services including advertising search, permanent and contract recruitment services. Representing Talent and Industry, Always Time Well Spent