This position will be responsible for working with both existing and new customers in order to ensure that those customer requirements, which fall outside the standard range, are understood, defined and subsequently met.
The individual will be office based but required to visit customers who have been pre-qualified by the Sales Managers (who are based outside the office).
This person will use their technical knowledge and experience to answer questions about the performance and specification from the customer and provide assistance to the Technical and Production departments. They may also be asked to provide technical specification/guidance for products previously supplied and installed.
The individual will be responsible for presenting information and ideas to be implemented into both new and existing products, overseeing the customer's order, where it falls outside the standard product offering, through to completion. Ensuring that it satisfies the customer's requirements on completion.
Some of your accountabilities will include but are not limited to - Application/Technical Advice, Product Specification, Project Management, Technical Documentation and Product Conformance.
The right applicant will need to demonstrate the following;
• Proactivity and initiative
• A practical approach to problem solving
• Confidentiality and Integrity
• Flexibility and the ability to respond well to change and pressure
• A personable approach with excellent communication skills
• A meticulous approach and a high level of accuracy, demonstrating strong attention to detail Specific Skills
• Microsoft package: Word, Excel, Outlook Email or similar system
• An understanding of product handling (particularly within the food industry) – advantageous
• Engineering qualification - General mechanical and electrical controls understanding
• A practical understanding of Machinery Standards (eg: CE, Risk Assessments, PUWER, Machine Safety).
• Previous experience in Technical Sales
• Licence holder – this role will involve a level of travel within the UK to customer sites