An established precision engineering and manufacturing business whom are experiencing an increase in business now require additional support within their planning department at their facility in Gloucestershire
Position: Production Planner
Location: North Gloucestershire; commutable from Cheltenham, Gloucester, Tewkesbury, Worcester, Evesham and the surrounding Areas.
Salary: Negotiable based upon experience
About the Role:
Reporting into the senior management team, as the Production Planner you will:
• Ensure the schedules across the machine shop are in line to deliver OTIF based on customer requirements and demanding short lead times- working closely with both sales and production to optimise an effective plan.
• Work closely with current and additional suppliers, ensuring consistent supply of materials, taking into account daily, weekly and long term production plans.
• Work closely with the supplier base, monitoring and evaluating their supply and performance and build and maintain further effective relationships,
• Effectively update and maintain the internal planning system, ensuring consistent and efficient results.
About the Person:
You will have experience of being a Production Planner within fast paced high volume manufacturing, along with the following:
• Be able to communicate effectively with other members of the planning team, additional departments and external suppliers.
• An ability to read and action engineering drawings/designs
• Ideally possess experience within a machining/heavy engineering environment although similar engineering/manufacturing backgrounds will be considered.
• Be flexible in your approach to work and comfortable with a 24/5 manufacturing operation with overtime available.
• Be Data driven and possess strong IT competency- including spreadsheets/ERP systems etc.
• Previous SAGE200 experience is essential
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit to your skills, experience and career ambitions APPLY ON LINE NOW attaching your CV or call Darius Barnes for a confidential discussion.
Technical Network is a specialist manufacturing, engineering and technical recruiter delivering contingency and retained permanent introductions and interim solutions to both blue chip and SME organisations. Established in 1984, we place professionals at all levels from senior executive to entry level across UK, Europe and beyond.
We use our relationship to represent Talent and Industry – with our specialist recruitment knowledge connecting the two. We've been around a long time, so we really know our industries and sectors inside out and top to bottom.
So with us time is always well spent