An established manufacturing business are seeking a Transport supervisor for their factory located in Derbyshire. This is a critical role for the business and will drive the effective delivery of their product across the UK and as such previous experience in a manufacturing environment is essential.
Position: Transport Supervisor
Location: Derbyshire ( commutable from Alfreton, Chesterfield, Heanor and Mansfield)
Salary: up to £35000 per annum DOE
Contract: Full time permanent position
About the role
Reporting into the site manager the Transport Supervisor will provide a customer focused and efficient service to the UK customer base:
• Strategically plan and manage logistics, dispatch, transportation and customer services
• Liaise with customers and as required external hauliers
• Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
• Utilise a strong geographical knowledge of the UK to ensure effective dispatch and route planning
• Manage a small team within the department driving best practice and personal performance.
About the person
The Transport Supervisor will have the following key attributes:
• Proven demonstrable experience of leading the transport/logistics function of a manufacturing business- ideally including heavy/industrial manufacturing and transportation
• Possess a strong geographical knowledge of the UK to ensure efficient route planning
• Possess a strong up-to-date knowledge of road haulage and transport legislation
• Have proven experience of leading/mentoring a small team and a small fleet of vehicles
About the Company
An established manufacturing firm part of a renowned UK manufacturing group with multiple sites across the UK with a secure and growing order book.
If this sounds like a good fit to your skills and experience then please apply online here.
At Technical Network we use our relationships to represent Talent and Industry - with our specialist recruitment and industry knowledge connecting the two.
Specialising in manufacturing, engineering, scientific recruitment working closely within the aerospace, automotive and food & drink market sectors, focusing on permanent and interim /contract positions for specialist technical and management roles.
We have been established for over 30 years and we really know our industries and market sectors inside out and top to bottom. So with us your time is always well spent.
Technical Network: Representing Talent and Industry. Always Time Well Spent.