We are currently looking to recruit a Maintenance Engineering Supervisor to work on shift on a permanent basis for a successful Global Food Manufacturing business in the West Midlands. They are a leading supplier of food products to retail, foods service and food manufacturing customers in both European and global markets.
Job Title: Maintenance Engineering Supervisor with an electrical bias (Permanent) Shift: 12 hours per shift, 4 on 4 off, Days and Nights)
Location: West Midlands
Salary: Available on application, inclusive of a discretionary bonus and other benefits.
About the Position:
About the Person Key skills & experience (Maintenance Engineering Supervisor):
- Supporting the Engineering Management Team by providing front-line operations management of the on-shift Engineering department, with a focus on delivering reactive, preventative and predictive maintenance as required.
- Responsibility for up to 8 employees across multi skilled engineers, compliance and an apprentice. Supporting them with work prioritisation and time management.
- Supporting, nurturing and building trust with your team, and the wider business.
- Assisting the Engineering Management team by driving the implementation, and consistent review of Maintenance and Reliability best practices to maximise plant reliability and efficiency.
- As the Maintenance Engineering Supervisor, part of the role will include proposing improvements in maintenance job plans, and procedures and ensure Health and Safety, quality and hygiene standards are met.
- Troubleshooting, analysing problems, and working and communicating effectively with the production teams.
- Provide Technical Support to the plant engineers, and management on plant performance, downtime and EHS.
- PLC fault finding
- Experience of providing maintenance expertise in a high pace Food Manufacturing/ Drink would be desirable but they are open to similar industries such as packaging and FMCG.
- Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineering experience with electrical bias
- Experience in working with CMMS systems and implementing PPM procedures.
- Leadership of managing an engineering team is a must. Ideally as a Maintenance Engineering Supervisor or similarly a Maintenance Engineering Team Leader.
- Trustworthy, with a can-do attitude, and someone who does what they say.
- Has the ability to bring people together
- Relevant Engineering qualifications
- Formal Health and Safety Qualification (IOSH/NEBOSH) would be preferred
At Technical Network we use our relationships to represent Talent and Industry - with our specialist recruitment and industry knowledge connecting the two.
Specialising in manufacturing, engineering, scientific recruitment working closely within the aerospace, automotive and food & drink market sectors, focusing on permanent and interim /contract positions for specialist technical and management roles.
We have been established for over 30 years and we really know our industries and market sectors inside out and top to bottom. So, with us your time is always well spent.
Technical Network: Representing Talent and Industry. Always Time Well Spent