Due to a sustained order book form their customers, our client is seeking an experienced Maintenance Engineer to support breakdown and preventative maintenance of plastic injection moulding equipment and associated automation/ robotics in a high volume production environment.
Salary: c£35-38000 incl shift allowance (depending upon experience)
Location: Staffordshire ( commutable from Sutton Coldfield, Lichfield, Fradley, Barton under Needwood, Burton on Trent, Tamworth, Measham, Derby, Uttoxexter)
Reporting into the Maintenance Manager, you will work shifts and be responsible for the maintenance of a range of equipment including injection moulding machines and presses, PLC controls and anciliary equipment and production machinery.
o Carry out machine and equipment breakdown diagnostics & repairs effectively and efficiently.
o Work with maintenance team to plan and carry out PPM on all plant equipment to achieve optimum plant equipment availability.
o Support the Engineering team through involvement in capital projects.
o Assist with the introduction, installation & commissioning of new product / processes.
o Maintain effective and economical control of critical spares for all key processes.
Application are sought from Multiskilled Maintenance Engineers or Technicians with experience gained from within a high- volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive.
- Apprentice trained or equivalent qualifications, ideally electrical HNC/ C&G and 18th Edition
- Maintenance and repair of plastic injection mould machines tools, vacuum forming, blow moulding, or similar hydraulic presses
- Knowledge of plastic injection moulding from Battenfeld, Husky, Demag, Engel, Krauss Maffei, Sandretto or Star would be desirable
- Multi skilled able to fault find and repair both electrical and mechanical systems
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Competent with PLCs and robotic automation
- Flexible to work different shift patterns ( double days or three shift )
- To be able work independently and thrive under pressure
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Maintenance experts to be part of a success and well established multi national group. Production volumes remain steady so the plant is confident it can remain competitive whilst implementing COVID safe guarding measures.
In return our client is offering a fantastic salary and benefits package including contributary pension scheme, life assurance, onsite car parking, 25 days holiday, excellent training and development opportunities. Above all this is an opportunity to make a real contribution to the success and growth of the modern organisation who are continuing to invest in modern machinery and infrastructure. Apply on-line or call Robert Wigley for a confidential discussion technical-network.co.uk
Technical Network recruits Engineers and Managers for the automotive, aerospace, electrical / electronic technology, energy, engineering and manufacturing, with a portfolio of services including advertising search, permanent and contract recruitment services. Representing Talent and Industry, Always