Engineering Project Manager
We are currently looking to recruit a Engineering Project Manager to work on a permanent basis for a successful SME Project Management and Consultancy whom service the industrial, manufacturing and process industries. They are heavily involved with the Food Manufacturing sector, Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Automotive and Aerospace sector across the UK, and are currently growing their business to into Europe.
Job Title: Engineering Project Manager
Location: North East
Salary: £40-55K dependent on level of experience, plus a company car, and further benefits
About the Position:
The Engineering Project Manager is a technical and commercial management role with responsibility for managing your direct team and sub-contract resources to effectively deliver the current project workload. Ensure these services are provided safely, legally and to budget. Deliver all requirements of the client and companies responsibilities while safeguarding the business.
The Engineering Project Manager main Responsibilities include (but not limited to).
About the Person Key skills & experience (Maintenance Engineering Supervisor):
- To ensure that projects are delivered to scope, time and budget.
- To line manage your team to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
- To ensure that Company Policies, Procedures and Standards are implemented and followed by ensuring that the appropriate assessments are carried out on staff and equipment.
- To advise, consult with and train all relevant parties within the business including suppliers and others concerning management system issues.
- To provide quotations to existing customers and assist the management team in developing new clients.
- To assist and support the team as and when required for office and site based locations.
- To provide support to the operation and to assist in problem solving concerning quality, environmental and Health & Safety issues throughout the Company.
- To provide advice and expertise in the assessment of suppliers, complaint investigations and troubleshooting.
- To develop and maintain customer relationships and be the main client contact in some cases.
- To support sales by writing bids, visiting prospective clients and delivering presentations.
Are you looking for a role where you have autonomy to spread your wings? Where every day will be different? You could be in the office or at a new clients factory, or even on a training course. This business is seriously going places, and you will have a great opportunity to grow with the business. But to do that, you must be open-minded to learning new technologies, new ways of thinking and being able to support your team or fill in if needed. This role has potential to grow into a UK or International position.
- Experience of providing the full project life cycle in manufacturing is a must.
- Food Manufacturing experience is highly desirable, as is Nuclear Laboratory experience. Open to other manufacturing and processing experience.
- Minimum HND in Engineering
- Formal Health and Safety Qualification (IOSH/NEBOSH) would be preferred
- Experience of CDM principle regulation is very desirable
At Technical Network we use our relationships to represent Talent and Industry - with our specialist recruitment and industry knowledge connecting the two.
Specialising in manufacturing, engineering, scientific recruitment working closely within the aerospace, automotive and food & drink market sectors, focusing on permanent and interim /contract positions for specialist technical and management roles.
We have been established for over 30 years and we really know our industries and market sectors inside out and top to bottom. So, with us your time is always well spent.
Technical Network: Representing Talent and Industry. Always Time Well Spent