Due to a sustained order book form their customers, our client is seeking an experienced Toolmakerr to support shop floor process & equipment improvements in a high volume automotive production environment.
Toolmaker – Plastic die maintenance
Salary: c£35-38000 incl shift allowance
Location: Staffordshire ( commutable from Sutton Coldfield, Lichfield, Fradley, Barton under Needwood, Burton on Trent, Tamworth, Measham, Derby, Uttoxexter)
As a Toolmaker you will be required to production with die maintenance and tool repair , both preventative measure to eliminate production stoppages and breakdown repair , route cause analysis to resolve issue in a timely manner.
Ensure tooling capability, provide operational support and offer suggestions for tooling improvement to existing production tooling and new product tooling.
- New and refurb of plastic injection/ vacuum mould tooling
- Ensuring tooling complies with company standards
- Monitor tooling spares
- Support tooling trials
- Operation of overhead crane
Application are sought from Toolmakers or Die Maintenance Technicians with experience gained from within a high- volume domestic toolroom or manufacturing environment, preferably automotive.
- Toolmaking apprenticeship or equivalent qualificaions
- Toolmaking / die maintenance of large dies, ideally plastic injection mould tools, vacuum forming, blow moulding, die castings or possible press tools
- Strip down, repair, polish and re-assembly of dies
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Competent welding and machining
- Flexible to work different shift patterns ( double days or three shift )
- To be able work independently and thrive under pressure
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Toolmaker or Die Maintenance Technician to be part of a success and well established multi national group. Production volumes remain steady so the plant is confident it can remain competitive whilst implementing COVID safe guarding measures.
In return our client is offering a fantastic salary and benefits package including contributary pension scheme, life assurance, onsite car parking, 25 days holiday, excellent training and development opportunities. Above all this is an opportunity to make a real contribution to the success and growth of the modern organisation who are continuing to invest in modern machinery and infrastructure. Apply on-line or call Robert Wigley for a confidential discussion technical-network.co.uk
Technical Network recruits Engineers and Managers for the automotive, aerospace, electrical / electronic technology, energy, engineering and manufacturing, with a portfolio of services including advertising search, permanent and contract recruitment services. Representing Talent and Industry, Always