Production Manager opportunity with a Leading Global Manufacturer to the Defence Sector.
The Production Manager will lead an operations and assembly team supporting the delivery of some significant high value long term projects. This is an enormous opportunity for the right individual to develop, grow and lead a production team and spearhead process and delivery improvement initiatives. The business are investing over £25 million to transform and modernise their site and offer excellent long term career development opportunities
Role: Production Manager
Salary: up to £47,000 per annum + benefits
The Production Manager will report to the Site Operations Manager and will lead , drive and develop a multi -faceted assembly and process team to deliver high value complex assemblies. The Production Manager will take full responsibility for an indirect team of 50 or more personnel. Working closely with their team leaders, the production manager will roll out the production KPIs and promote and implement continuous improvement initiatives across the team.
The Manufacturing Manager ideally will have experience working in Low Volume, High Value Assembly. So experience of Automotive Vehicle Assembly, Rail Manufacturing or Assembly of High Value bespoke equipment across the Nuclear or Oil and Gas sectors would potentially be suited to this exciting opportunity.
The Production Manager will be well versed in implementing and delivering practical Lean and Process Improvement initiatives.
Qualifications & Experience
- Deliver contracts of responsibility to Quality, Cost & Schedule.
- Drive & demonstrate Continuous Improvement
- Accountable for service and production outputs ensuring safety, quality, work acceptance & cost performance is delivered.
- Develop & demonstrate high levels of HSE behaviours
- Responsible for supporting production schedules, process quality control, MRP, training.
- A tangible history of delivery on production projects around Quality, Cost & Scheduling
- Strong understanding and practical application of Lean Manufacturing & Continuous Improvement principles (Six Sigma Green Belt certification highly desirable)
- HNC/HND qualified or equivalent experience
- Appreciation of manufacturing MRP systems SAP knowledge would be beneficial
- Health & Safety/Environmental knowledge and ideally NEBOSH certified/trained
This role offers an enormous opportunity for an individual to progress and develop their career extensively within a business that are looking to heavily invest not only in the facility but in the staff.
The business are offering excellent long term career development opportunities along with highly competitive salaries, bonus and flexible benefits. Apply on-line or call Sandeep Dhillon for a confidential discussion technical-network.co.uk
Technical Network recruits Engineers and Managers for the automotive, aerospace, electrical / electronic technology, energy, engineering and manufacturing, with a portfolio of services including advertising search, permanent and contract recruitment services. Representing Talent and Industry, Always