A busy Automotive Tier 1 supplier who are part of a global group are looking to add a Design Engineer to their team in the West Midlands due to a busy order book and high profile projects that are coming up in the future.
Reporting into the Design Engineering Manager – the business are looking for a strong mechanical engineering background with knowledge in Solidworks being essential to the role. The ideal Design Engineer will have experience in engineering processes such as Welding, Presswork, Machining, Assembly and be able to design jigs & fixtures.
ROLE: Design Engineer
SALARY: up to £35,000 per annum
The key responsibilities of the Design Engineer are:-
- Complete proficiency on Solidworks CAD package
- Designing fixtures using customer data (Drawings/CAD) to be manufactured in house or externally dependent on complexity & in house capabilities
- Interrogating CAD data to ensure it can be unfolded to allow manufacture.
- Issuing of CAD & drawings both internally & to suppliers
- Support in drawing reviews & identifying feasibility issues
The requirements of the Design Engineer for this role is:-
- Communicating with all areas of the business from management to the manufacturing team to ensure projects are implemented and completed on time
- Must have a HND or above In Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Design
- Must be fully conversant with Solidworks CAD package
- Must have knowledge of Welding, Machining, Assembly.
- Ability to manage multiple projects
This is a great opportunity for a Design Engineer who is looking for their next role with a company that has a high profile & full order book at present. You will be working in a small team but will have opportunity to work with all areas of the business. This role will have some flexibility around working in the current climate and is supported by a good salary of £35,000 per annum.
Please apply on-line or call Sandeep Dhillon for a confidential discussion technical-recruitment.co.uk
At Technical Network we use our relationships to represent Talent and Industry - with our specialist recruitment and industry knowledge connecting the two. Specialising in manufacturing, engineering, scientific recruitment working closely within the aerospace, automotive and food & drink market sectors, focusing on permanent and interim /contract positions for specialist technical and management roles