Mechanical Fitter Required
Mechanical Fitter required on a busy site working as a key member of the maintenance team.
As a Mechanical Fitter the role will be to support the continued production of their allocated shift by performing reactive and planned maintenance duties and participate in new machine and plant installation
Role – Mechanical Fitter
Salary £13 p/h + shift allowance
- To take responsibility for their own and others safety through safe working practices
- Perform a range of Mechanical activities good hydraulic and pneumatic knowledge and methodical fault-finding abilities to support continuous production performance.
- Perform a range of mechanical activities such as installations, repairs and renovations, covering pumps, motors, Gear boxes and heavy plant.
- Responsibility for installation and replacement of high value equipment.
- Work to scheduled planned maintenance tasks and ensure they are completed on time.
- To participate positively in continuous improvement initiatives
- Maintain good standards of housekeeping and plant hygiene
- Authorised to stop plant or machinery in circumstances where safety to personnel or others is at risk or there may be damage to plant.
- To buddy new employees to share knowledge of the job and plant
- Keep Maintenance/performance records
- Maintain excellent timekeeping and attendance
- Previous experience of factory work or physically demanding environments with relavent Mechanical qualifications
- Previous experience of working on heavy machinery and plant involving pumps. Motors, gear boxes knowledge for example.
- Able to read instruction manuals and drawings and interpret to correct issues and faults.
- Electrically competent and time served.
- Experience of having actively participated in team briefings or involvement in continuous improvement and new plant installations.
Technical Network specialising in manufacturing, engineering, scientific recruitment working closely within the aerospace, automotive and food & FMCG market sectors, focusing on permanent and interim /contract positions for specialist technical and management roles. Representing Talent and Industry. Always Time Well Spent