Currently working with a FTSE 250 business and are looking for an experienced Manufacturing Team Leader to join their team based in the West Midlands.
This is an opportunity to work for a highly progressive business with a highly progressive General Manager who will be the main report.
The business are instrumental in niche safety critical manufacturing, so the Manufacturing Team Leader will have heavy experience in Lean Methods, creating work instructions, BOM, SOPs, a keen eye for health and Safety and be able to work & communcate with all areas of the business including management & the shopfloor.
This role is very much divided into 2 parts – the initial part of the role will require you to travel to a recently acquired business to understand the products & machinery being moved to the West Midlands site and to work with the staff there to develop the work instructions & the Process Plans. This is so you can implement these plans, train the staff in the new processes & retain your leadership role when the machinery moves to the West Midlands.
Role: Manufacturing Team Leader
Salary up to £32,000 per annum based on experience + benefits
Location: West Midlands – commutable from North Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Dudley, West Bromwich, Wednesbury, Bilston, Oldbury
The role of the Manufacturing Team Leader will mainly be:-
- Lead the team, monitor, maintain & analyse manufacturing & testing systems
- Hands on approach as working as part of the team
- Facilitate technical / process data, proficient in writing work instruction (essential)
- Control day to day manufacturing activities
- Manage team and understand its targets
- Ensure effective use of resource, people and time
- Responsible approach to H&S for themselves and others
- Target hitter & goal setter
- Liaison between both sites to allow co-ordination of planning and transport.
- Ensure there is robust housekeeping at both sites and excellent on-time customer delivery.
- Re-assign resource across both sites as required.
- Provide a monthly management summary report of activity.
- Understanding of Bill of Materials
- Understanding of Lean/Continuous Improvement principals
The ideal candidate for the role of Manufacturing Team Leader will have:-
- An Engineering qualification ideally (Degree, HND, HNC)
- Must have a proven track record of leadership in Engineering/Manufacturing
- For the initial part of this role must be able to travel (all expenses covered)
- Good communication skills essential with all areas of the business
- Knowledge of Electricals, PCBs & Wiring would be preferable but not essential
This is a great opportunity for a Manufacturing Team Leader to work with a business who are part of a massive UK based group and a great chance to forge a strong position in this business. You will have all the support of the management & the initial part of this role will give you a great amount of autonomy and the chance to be a lynch pin in business gong forward. A methodical thinker with the ability to accurately create work plans and Standard Operating Procedures as well as the natural ability to lead is the absolute essential for this role. Please apply online for a confidential conversation technical-network.co.uk
Technical Network specialising in manufacturing, engineering, scientific recruitment working closely within the aerospace, automotive and food & FMCG market sectors, focusing on permanent and interim /contract positions for specialist technical and management roles. Representing Talent and Industry. Always Time Well Spent.