A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to join a global manufacturing organisation at their brand-new automated facility in the North East of England
Supplier Quality Engineer – Automotive
Location - Sunderland
Salary – £30,000 - £35,000 per year
Our client is a Tier One automotive manufacturer supplying complex products to automotive OEMs, who have recently opened a new facility in the Sunderland area of the North East of England, supplying exterior car parts into Just In Time, Just In Sequence OEM automotive manufacturing environments.
- Overseeing supplier quality management of the plant’s supply base, ensuring ANPQP requirements are met for launch.
- Working cross-functionally to establish and maintain customer and internal quality standards.
- Supporting quality management and site management reporting requirements.
- Involvement in continuous improvement activities for plant (quality, lean, scrap, etc)
- Involvement in the analysis and problem-solving activities (8D, 6-Sigma, etc.)
- Supporting site development and sustainment of QMS in line with standards and customer specific requirements
- Liaison with external parties as required (customers, suppliers, etc.) and supporting warranty process cascading through to suppliers
- Providing regular feedback through various mechanisms (daily, weekly and monthly reviews)
- Supporting internal auditing across the plant (safety, systems, processes, etc.)
- You will already be a competent Quality professional with proven experience within an automotive tier 1 or OEM background
- Previous experience in a supplier quality or similar role
- Understanding of PPAP / ANPQP requirements
- Understanding of 7W / lean improvement
- Understanding and experiencing of conducting audits
- Experienced in problem solving with strong analytical skills
- Understanding of build standard creation (PFMEA, control plan, working level documents)
Our client is part of a multinational manufacturing group, and this position is based at their brand new facility on a brown field site. The client aim to become the supplier of choice by being able to develop, design, assemble and supply product to an ever-increasing standard of excellence. With the quality goal being zero defects, the company is established as the centre of excellence for the Design, Development and Industrialisation of Exterior product. This role plays a key part in achieving that goal. Please apply online or contact Claire Male for a confidential conversation technical-network.co.uk
Technical Network recruits Engineers and Managers for the automotive, aerospace, electrical / electronic technology, energy, engineering and manufacturing, with a portfolio of services including advertising search, permanent and contract recruitment services.