A fantastic opportunity for an experienced, skilled and practical engineer to join a long-established, Precision Engineering company as a Production Technician, in the Black Country.
Production Technician – Precision Engineering
Location – Wednesbury
Salary – c£25,000 - £30,000 per year
The role will be quite different to anything that most people have done before, and so if you are looking for a change then this could be a perfect move.
This job will suit someone who is a natural, problem solving, process engineering type. If you are a practical, hands on person, perhaps with experience as a Process Engineer, a Tool Maker, a Maintenance Fitter, a Senior Setter, or Production Engineer, this could be a great opportunity for you.
The successful Production Technician will be responsible for the following:
- The set-up of various stages in both an automatic and a semi-automatic assembly cell
- Dealing with any problems that arise, whether they are with the setting of the machine and quality of output, machine breakdowns, or anything in between.
- Setting of 2 small plastic injection machines, milling, drilling and tapping machines, and bespoke/niche industry specific machinery to include bowl fed machines for the cutting of components.
The successful Production
Technician will have the following skills and experience:
- Ideally have some experience of milling, drilling and tapping.
- You might have knowledge and experience of plastic injection moulding.
- You may well have machine maintenance or toolmaking experience.
- You could have problem solving methodology training, coupled with practical experience of fixing the faults you find with machines.
Our client is part of a multinational manufacturing group, and this position is based at their site in Wednesbury, in the heart of the Black Country. With a hard-working but easy-going and friendly team, they are looking to expand the team with the appointment of this key role.
You will receive a salary based on an hourly rate of circa £13-£14 per hour, and you will work Monday to Thursday 7.30 – 4, and 7.30 – 1 on a Friday. There is the opportunity for overtime, including Saturdays. Please apply online or contact Claire Male for a confidential conversation technical-network.co.uk
Technical Network recruits Engineers and Managers for the automotive, aerospace, electrical / electronic technology, energy, engineering and manufacturing, with a portfolio of services including advertising search, permanent and contract recruitment services.