An amazing opportunity has arisen for a skilled Electrical Maintenance Engineer to work on a permanent basis in the gateway to one of the most beautiful places in the world. Based in Kendal, in the South Lakeland District, and a stone’s throw from The Lake District, this company has a rich heritage, a strong focus on sustainability and a passion for innovation.
Electrical Maintenance Engineer – Industrial Engineering
Location – Kendal, Cumbria
Salary – c£40,000 inclusive of shift allowance
Working in a heavy engineering environment, you will be involved in the manufacture of innovative products for use in a variety of industries, from Aerospace to the High Street, to some of the world’s most prestigious fashion houses.
The job will suit an experienced Electrical Maintenance Engineer who has worked on large and heavy plant and equipment in a previous job.
The successful Electrical Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Working in a team, alongside mechanically biased colleagues, to install, fault-find, repair and overhaul electrical machinery and controls.
- Prioritise workload, putting unplanned work first (reactive, to ensure plant runs fully) but ensuring PPM is carried out.
- Be mindful of logging all spares in and out of stores, and of using components cost effectively.
- You will work as a member of the company fire safety response team, and their lone worker emergency response team.
- You will ensure upkeep and continual improvement of safety, housekeeping and workplace organisation, environment, productivity and quality.
- You will be accountable for the safe hand-over of any maintenance work carried out.
- You will have responsibility for escalating call-out of specialist contractors e.g. ABB, Measurex and co-ordinating same when on site.
The successful Electrical Maintenance Engineer
will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of working on a rolling shift basis, and a willingness to continue to do so.
- A Level 3 Qualification (NVQ, BTEC, A’Level, ONC etc) in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Apprentice-trained craftsman in a suitable engineering discipline.
- Have broad knowledge of all plant, equipment, systems, engineering equipment and works to technical specifications and information.
- Be aware of, and work to, engineering and health and safety legislation (eg Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations, Electricity at Work Act and Ionising Radiation Regulations) general safety and environmental knowledge and skills.
- Knowledge and use of all appropriate safe systems of work and risk assessments eg confined spaces working / working at height
- Trained and licensed counterbalance/reach fork-lift truck driver, mobile working platform operator
- Ability to interpret and understand processes, procedures, technical manuals and drawings.
- Verbal and written communication skills in order to complete all relevant documentation fully, legibly and accurately
If you live in a commutable distance of Kendal (maybe in Lancaster, Morecambe, Appleby, Tebay, Kirkby Lonsdale, Windermere, or Penrith) then this is an opportunity to move to a company with heritage and history, and an ambitious vision.
If you are considering relocation then this job offers a unique chance to live and work on the doorstep of a UNESCO World Heritage Site, which alongside iconic locations such as the Taj Mahal, the Great Barrier Reef and Grand Canyon is a place of international acclaim. Climbing, sailing, kayaking, fishing, bouldering, walking, hiking, running, cycling, horse riding, photography, painting, wild swimming…. The possibilities for hobbies in this area are endless.
The company are open 24 hours from Monday to Friday closing each Saturday at 12noon. Your shifts will cover days (6am to 6pm) and nights (6pm to 6am) and you will work every third Saturday for 6 hours (6am to 12noon). You won’t work 5 straight shifts Monday to Friday though, you will have a really healthy mix of days off, including many 4-day breaks. Please apply online or contact Claire Male for a confidential conversation technical-network.co.uk
Technical Network recruits Engineers and Managers for the automotive, aerospace, electrical / electronic technology, energy, engineering and manufacturing, with a portfolio of services including advertising search, permanent and contract recruitment services.