An amazing opportunity has arisen for an experienced Engineering Team Leader to work on a permanent basis in the gateway to one of the most beautiful places in the world. Based in Kendal, in the South Lakeland District, and a stone’s throw from The Lake District, this company has a rich heritage, a strong focus on sustainability and a passion for innovation.
Engineering Team Leader – Industrial Engineering
Location – Kendal, Cumbria
Salary – c£48,000.
Working in a heavy engineering environment, you will have responsibility for the work of a multiskilled maintenance team, working across one of the key manufacturing areas of the business.
The job will suit an experienced engineering leader, with a background in multi-skilled maintenance in a manufacturing environment, with engineering qualifications.
The successful Engineering Team Leader – will be responsible for the following:
- Co-ordinating a shift-based maintenance team, ensuring they are deployed effectively to provide the appropriate level of service to the Operating Division.
- Leading and developing that team.
- Driving accountability for performance down to the team.
- Providing technical support to your team to drive downtime to zero and ensure repeated breakdowns are eliminated, and plant is effectively maintained for optimum plant performance.
- Championing Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) and Condition Monitoring alongside Reliability Manager
- Communicating work plans across the business.
- Managing holidays, Sickness, Return to Work and resolving any conflict between teams and individuals
- Driving HSE metrics in area – Hazard, dangerous occurrences, Safety Action Team (SAT) meetings and Safety Walks & Talks (SW&T)
- Managing and controlling area budgets and capital projects, including responsibility for spares.
The successful Engineering Team Leader –
will have the following skills and experience:
- A Level 4 qualification (eg HNC or HND) or equivalent
- NEBSS qualification in supervisory skills
- Significant demonstrable knowledge and experience in relevant fields.
- Knowledge and understanding of maintenance requirements of a variety of relevant machines, services and associated equipment.
- Competency in the writing and implementing of PPM schedules.
- Knowledge and use of sophisticated engineering test and measurement equipment.
- Experience of conducting Root Cause Investigations (RCI)
- A thorough understanding of maintenance contracts.
- Monitoring maintenance effectiveness on critical plant in own area e.g. mean time between failure (MTBF) and Mean Time To Repair (MTTR)
- Ability and desire to work in a hands-on capacity when necessary.
If you live in a commutable distance of Kendal (maybe in Lancaster, Morecambe, Appleby, Tebay, Kirkby Lonsdale, Windermere, or Penrith) then this is an opportunity to move to a company with heritage and history, and an ambitious vision.
If you are considering relocation then this job offers a unique chance to live and work on the doorstep of a UNESCO World Heritage Site, which alongside iconic locations such as the Taj Mahal, the Great Barrier Reef and Grand Canyon is a place of international acclaim. Climbing, sailing, kayaking, fishing, bouldering, walking, hiking, running, cycling, horse riding, photography, painting, wild swimming…. The possibilities for hobbies in this area are endless.
You will be paid a salary of circa £48k to work predominantly day shifts in the week (however as the teams you will lead work across a 24 hour shift pattern you will likely spend time with them on their shifts from time to time also). Your pension will be matched plus, up to a 6% contribution from the employer. Please apply online or contact Claire Male for a confidential conversation technical-network.co.uk
Technical Network recruits Engineers and Managers for the automotive, aerospace, electrical / electronic technology, energy, engineering and manufacturing, with a portfolio of services including advertising search, permanent and contract recruitment services.