A privately owned Manufacturer of bespoke safety critical component parts based in the West Midlands are looking for an Expeditor to join their team and report directly into the Operations Manager. The business have a global reach dealing into mainland Europe, Scandinavia & South America & cover a number of different sectors including Petro Chem, Energy Sector & Renewables to name a few.
This role will sit In a new team and would require the right candidate to be able to straddle the Manufacturing & Engineering experience as well as Transport & Logistics. There will be 50/50 split on the production control aspects as well as the Transport and logistical side.
Salary: up to £30,000 per annum (depending on experience) + Benefits
Location: West Midlands (commutable from Wolverhampton, West Bromwich, North Birmingham, Dudley, Walsall, Bilston)
The role of Expeditor will be required to do the following:-
· Working Knowledge of Manufacturing/Engineering processes
· Instruct all section leaders regarding current workload and assist them in scheduling.
· Work closely with Sales, Despatch, Engineering, Quality and Purchasing.
· Monitor on time delivery performance.
· Liaise and work closely with sub-contractors.
· Ongoing development of the working system and practices constantly reviewing improvements on efficiency and time saving techniques.
· Arrange shipment of all outgoing orders. Orders are shipped worldwide
The ideal candidate for the role of Expeditor will have the following background:-
· Manage workload and deadlines.
· Good level of education and IT skills.
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
· Methodical working methods and excellent attention to detail.
· Experience in an Engineering or Manufacturing role is essential to this role.
This role is a real opportunity to develop in a team and develop with a business that has a strong order book globally. The right candidate for the Expeditor role will sit in a new team which will allow them to really define & shape this role further. The role is paying up to £30k for the perfect candidate but the business would consider a lesser qualified candidate that can be invested in.
The package will also include pension contribution, Employee Perks Platform Access, Free Parking, good links to public transport, 24 days holiday (+ banks holidays)
Please apply online on technical-network.co.uk
Technical Network specialising in manufacturing, engineering, scientific recruitment working closely within the aerospace, automotive and food & FMCG market sectors, focusing on permanent and interim /contract positions for specialist technical and management roles. Representing Talent and Industry. Always Time Well Spent.