I am working exclusively with a company who are a market leader in their field of manufacturing test equipment for the power industry, to find them a diligent and focused Systems Graduate to join their team as an Development Support Engineer.
Graduate Development Support Engineer – Control Systems
Location – Burton on Trent
Salary – c£25,000 - £28,000 per year
Relocation – Happy to discuss options for support with relocation within the UK
This is a great opportunity to work closely with a Systems Design Manager who has 20+ years experience in this company, and who will help you to grow and develop your knowledge and experience during the course of your own career.
The successful Development Support Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Work with the engineering team on
- industrial control systems for the company’s products.
- These run the company’s proprietary real-time embedded software across a variety of processors and microcontrollers.
- HMI applications on Windows PCs and other devices.
- Assist in the roll out and test of company product (prototyping, testing, configuration and support)
- Perform similar duties in the maintenance and support of the company’s existing and legacy products, and work on custom projects.
The successful Development Support Engineer
will have the following skills and experience:
Any of the following would be Beneficial:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Electronic/Electrical Engineering
- C Programming experience and Electrical Hardware knowledge.
- Ability to demonstrate a good working knowledge of electronic hardware and control systems, together with industry-wide communications protocols and standards, coupled with the practical skills and manual dexterity to produce test-rigs and harnesses.
- Understanding of processor and systems architecture
- Availability to travel and work nationally and worldwide
- 3-phase AC power systems and theory
- Real-Time Operating Systems
- PIC and ARM microcontrollers and/or TI DSPs
- Developing applications using the C programming language
- LAN familiarity, e.g. Ethernet, TCP/IP etc
- Using IDEs for embedded system development, e.g. IAR Embedded Workbench, MPLAB etc
- PC hardware architecture, integration and configuration, and Windows customisation
Although this position is primarily development support, the successful applicant will be supported by the company to progress to code development. The company are moving into larger premises next year, and there are projects which will allow for international travel. Please apply online or contact Claire Male or Rob Wigley for a confidential conversation technical-network.co.uk
Technical Network recruits Engineers and Managers for the automotive, aerospace, electrical / electronic technology, energy, engineering and manufacturing, with a portfolio of services including advertising search, permanent and contract recruitment services.