Part of a major international group, this organisation is launching a new product in their modern highly automated new manufacturing facility to produce complex high value components for the automotive industry. Due to continued expansion of new machinery and tooling a number of opportunities exist for Die Casting Setters to work across their die casting cells on a double days shift.
Role: Die Casting Setter
Salary: competitive with benefits include shift allowance, paid overtime, pension contribution, life assurance, death in service, onsite canteen and car parking
Shift: Double Days (6-2pm – 2-10pm)
As a core member of the production team, you will be responsible for the manufacturing of castings, whilst ensuring a safe working environment is maintained and customer satisfaction being the goal in terms of meeting high quality standards. These are full-time, permanent positions. This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful individual to start employment, developing both your skill set & career path.
Main Responsibilities of Die Casting Setter:
Experience needed for Die Casting Setter:
- Ensure all die casting moulding machines tools are set to the optimum conditions, to produce quality components
- Provide support and process improvement
- Conduct tool changes and machine set up
- Identification for areas of improvement within tool changes
- Tool change reduction through SMED
- Training of Operators on operation/ recovery of ABB robots
- Manufacturing liaison and reporting shortfalls to Manufacturing supervision
- Promote the companies HSE policies across the department and plant
- This role is a double days shift – Monday to Friday
Applications are sought from experienced machine tool setters with a background in either machining, pressure die casting or large plastic injection moulding or press tools/ dies -
- Ideally, you will be Apprentice trained with experience gained a high volume, complex manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of setting up complex machine processes and tooling. – pressure die casting, plastic injection moulding, pressing/ stamping
- Knowledge of SMED and 5S
- Good problem solving skills
- Confidence to challenge the status quo with a proactive in approach and “can do attitude”
- Work collaboratively to achieve project/company goals
- Good communicator both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organised and able to multi-task
- Flexible to work different shift patterns, either double days (6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm) or nights
The opportunity for Die Casting Setter:
- Would suit someone who is looking for an opportunity where there are genuine career prospects
These are full time positions on the double days shift
This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful individual to start employment, developing both your skill set & career path. You will be joining an established manufacturing organisation, and you will be supported by a strong management team.
This is a superb opportunity that, for the right person, can offer fantastic potential for greater chances within the organisation. The company is part of a major international group who have invested significantly in new premises and machinery to facilitate a new product introduction programme. In return our client is offering a generous pro rata salary & benefits package plus the opportunity to make a real contribution to the success and growth of the organisation. Apply on-line or call Sandeep Dhillon for a confidential discussion technical-network.co.uk
Technical Network recruits Engineers and Managers for the automotive, aerospace, electrical / electronic technology, energy, engineering and manufacturing, with a portfolio of services including advertising search, permanent and contract recruitment services.